Yet another Print Preview Ribbon problem (1 Viewer)

cyberman55

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:34
Running full-version Office 365, I hide the default ribbon with ChangeProperty "AllowFullMenus", DB_Boolean, False and I'm left with just the Home and File commands in the ribbon. That's good except when the user opens a report (all reports are set to open in Print Preview mode via code). In the report(s)' on open event, there is code: DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarYes, and on close, DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo.

So, all is good except I don't get the standard Print Preview ribbon with the option to export to Excel. Instead, I get a a simplified ribbon as shown in the two images (one is standard and one is the simplified ribbon). Does anyone have an example of how to overcome this issue or an answer to the question?

simple ribbon.jpg

desired ribbon.jpg

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:34
I think you're need to create a custom ribbon to get around that issue.

Edit: Or, try allowing Full Menu when you open the report and disallow it again when you close.

cyberman55

Registered User.
Local time
I think you're need to create a custom ribbon to get around that issue.

Edit: Or, try allowing Full Menu when you open the report and disallow it again when you close.
Thanks, the suggestion to allow full menus on opening the report didn't work. If anyone knows a sample Access file with a good print preview ribbon and demo code on how to load it, please let me know. I do have a usysribbon table I created back in 2013 to allow the Excel option to show, but when I imported it and set the ribbon property for the report to the name of that ribbon, it didn't seem to find it. It's been 10 years since I played with ribbons so I forgot how to implement it. Has Office changed the images and groups I'd used in the old ribbon? When I tried to add the old ribbon via the ribbon property of the report, it just showed a blank space on the ribbon.

Note: I'd be happy to pay a reasonable price for it if there are none available.

cyberman55

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your help dbGuy. It turned out I grabbed an older version of my UsysRibbons table and when I replaced it with a newer version, all that was needed was to set the reports' ribbon property to PrintPreviewRibbon, which was what I'd named it long ago. Good thing I checked as my next step, barring any further ideas, would be to purchase IDBE Ribbon Creator 2021 and build the ribbon again.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:34
Thanks for your help dbGuy. It turned out I grabbed an older version of my UsysRibbons table and when I replaced it with a newer version, all that was needed was to set the reports' ribbon property to PrintPreviewRibbon, which was what I'd named it long ago. Good thing I checked as my next step, barring any further ideas, would be to purchase IDBE Ribbon Creator 2021 and build the ribbon again.
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom