"You can't carry out this action at the present time" (1 Viewer)

Karl K

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:52
I am the sole designer of a multiuser ordertaking system for a small company. When I put it on the network, numerous surreal messages began to appear, such as the one above, Error 2486. I also get alot, for NO apparant reason, Message 0, whose description is blank! Has anyone seen these before? What do they mean? Is there a malicious ghost in the system?

Mitch

Registered User.
Local time
Are you trying to work on the live database?

Mitch.

Karl K

Registered User.
Local time
Well, I worked it out. It seems this error is caused when you try to run a query that cannot be run at that time. I had a set of tab pages, various types of order and registration tables, all held together by the table containing the customers. I had some queries to be double sure the orders were totaling correctly that were on the On Current of some of the tabs. But if there was no order for that person, it was breaking down. It didn't even like it if there were orders. Anyway, the main problem was that the debugging had been turned off somehow on that checkbox on the advanced section of the startup options. (I hadn't known about that.) Turned that back on, isolated the problem, finished!

Karl K

Registered User.
Local time
The problem did not go away. It appears on different people's computer at different times. Often when trying to save the record. Then it gets stuck, needs to be shut off, and restarted. This is not highly productive. Any experience, anyone, anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom