Youtube Channel by Karl Donaubauer (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:28
Is it the amount of time a person "camps" on your site that counts as hours viewed or is it something else?

It's YouTube that requires 4000hrs of viewing, before I get any earnings from YouTube.

I'm at around 2000hrs, so unless I do something sensational, maybe do an MS Access video naked!

Mind you, I reckon that would get less views, and loads of "Unsubscribes" !

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 15:28
Ah....So one would actually have to watch your videos in their entirety then? A simple click wont do the trick...

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Google analytics tells me that this is mainly through people that visit my Nifty Access website.

About 6 months ago I removed Google ads from my website.

Visits dropped from 2000 a month to next to nothing!

I've since reinstated Google ads and I am now at around 1300 visitors per month. There's a steady increase but it's taking a long time to get back to 2000!

I removed the ads because I thought they were intrusive and putting people off, I couldn't have been more wrong!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
A simple click wont do the trick...

I'm not sure .. from what I hear from other YouTube podcasters, they are always asking you to watch the video to the end. So I think the actual watch time is important for your ranking....

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 12:28
I'm not sure .. from what I hear from other YouTube podcasters, they are always asking you to watch the video to the end. So I think the actual watch time is important for your ranking....
That is correct. What good is a video if people watch only the first 20 seconds of an 18 minute tutorial, at least as far as the advertiser is concerned? The whole thing is muddy to me, though. I am convinced that longer videos can work IF the content is compelling enough to keep people watching, but most Access tutorials probably should not be longer than 8 to 10 minutes. I find it impossible to clear my throat and state the intent of a presentation that quickly. I've not yet considered other "motivational" techniques. :cautious:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 15:28
I find it impossible to clear my throat and state the intent of a presentation that quickly. I've not yet considered other "motivational" techniques.
Crystal has been posting some videos (DataPig) with permission from the owner. They are short, to the point and very easy to watch. For someone starting out and wanting to get dirty, they are perfect. Once the basics are mastered, then the 1 hour, boring details would be more appreciated.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 12:28
Crystal has been posting some videos (DataPig) with permission from the owner. They are short, to the point and very easy to watch. For someone starting out and wanting to get dirty, they are perfect. Once the basics are mastered, then the 1 hour, boring details would be more appreciated.
I follow several PowerApps developers. Most run 12 - 20 minutes. However, there are some others that I can't stay with more than a minute. Part of it, however, is trusting the creator (ah, a lovely name, isn't it?) to have something worthwhile to say.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:28
thanks John @NauticalGent

> DataPig ... short, to the point and very easy to watch.

Here are links to the 2 batches of them -- one for queries and one for forms

playlist ~ Datapig Queries

playlist - DataPig Forms

yes, and even though the DartaPig videos were made a long time ago, the reasons to cover that topic persist -- and maybe there are better ways now (or maybe there was also a better way back then that Mike didn't know about).

back to the topic ... I love the way that Karl makes each video not only pertainant but also entertaining .... so much to think about ~

> @GPGeorge at least as far as the advertiser is concerned?

when I started posting on YouTube, advertising wasn't a 'thing'-- too bad it is now, but I get it even though I don't benefit myself and would keep ads off my videos if I could, as my reason to post them is to teach

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom