Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:43

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Today, 00:43
I know things will get worse before they get any better, Terrorists will hit my country soon enough and we don't have many guns either :/

I wouldn't say it was a war on journalism as this story tells us, It's more of a war on anyone with any other beliefs then themselves.

It still baffles me how people can kill innocents in the name of religion when in their religion it says murder is one of the biggest sins. "But if they don't believe in me purge them from the earth..." but then claim that their god/prophet loves everyone equally.

This is where my hate for any religion started Blade, This is also why I have told you I hate all religions equally :D due to the fact more issues are caused with religion then are solved (in my opinion of course).

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Also 2 more shootings happened over the night and today :/ - All I seem to read in the news recently is people dying .

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Yesterday, 20:43
First, the word is 'Imam', not 'emom'.

Second, if a 'news' article is on Fox but nowhere else, that is almost invariably because it is either political spin or else provably false. In this case, as I cannot watch the video from work, I would have to guess either it's the former or else that Blade is just assuming no other network has run the story. My hunch is spin.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Also 2 more shootings happened over the night and today :/ - All I seem to read in the news recently is people dying .

There has always been a crapload of violence in the world. A lot of the reason it seems like it's happening more is the introduction of the 24-hour news cycle, which leads to us hearing about a lot more than we used to.

Also, news agencies push the stories that will grab headlines. Right now, between the US police brutality protests, the recent shootings in NYC on the heels of that, and now this shooting, attention is ON shootings, so they're going to by hyped more than other stories might.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
It still baffles me how people can kill innocents in the name of religion when in their religion it says murder is one of the biggest sins. "But if they don't believe in me purge them from the earth..." but then claim that their god/prophet loves everyone equally.

This is where my hate for any religion started Blade, This is also why I have told you I hate all religions equally :D due to the fact more issues are caused with religion then are solved (in my opinion of course).

Sorry you feel that way. Actually you wear it like a badge. Islam and Christianity are two different things. As the Imam told you in the news clip, They are not tolerant of anybody that is outside of their religion. Censorship is the new wave in the world.

Blade

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
First, the word is 'Imam', not 'emom'.

Second, if a 'news' article is on Fox but nowhere else, that is almost invariably because it is either political spin or else provably false. In this case, as I cannot watch the video from work, I would have to guess either it's the former or else that Blade is just assuming no other network has run the story. My hunch is spin.

Head in the sand and As...s in the Air!

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
There has always been a crapload of violence in the world. A lot of the reason it seems like it's happening more is the introduction of the 24-hour news cycle, which leads to us hearing about a lot more than we used to.

Also, news agencies push the stories that will grab headlines. Right now, between the US police brutality protests, the recent shootings in NYC on the heels of that, and now this shooting, attention is ON shootings, so they're going to by hyped more than other stories might.

I think that it has been flagged more for shootings but I wasn't limiting it to shooting, I flicked through the news papers this morning and several major articles where of peoples deaths and a few little articles too.

Not to mention the news online.

Don't think it would be such a bad idea to put some inspirational things in the news once in a while rather than making it all doom and gloom. But that is known to be boring in the media's eyes.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Sorry you feel that way. Actually you wear it like a badge.

Not too sure what you mean here mate.

Islam and Christianity are two different things. As the Imam told you in the news clip, They are not tolerant of anybody that is outside of their religion. Censorship is the new wave in the world.

Blade

Are they all that different Blade? Because go back a thousand years(give or take) and the Christians were doing the same weren't they?

You know the crusades?

In my mind where there is religion, violent death will follow.

History tends to repeat itself.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Head in the sand and As...s in the Air!

And here I have been going out of my way to be civil to you. Guess it's wasted effort on a right-wing-media-programmed closed-minded reactionary religious nutcase, conspiracy theorist, and would-be-fascist.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Play nice guys, a little courtesy goes a long way on both sides of the fence.

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:43
even in this thread that is supposed to show respect, people manage to somewhat abuse the very rights that we aim to protect,

?? SERIOUSLY ??

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
And here I have been going out of my way to be civil to you. Guess it's wasted effort on a right-wing-media-programmed closed-minded reactionary religious nutcase, conspiracy theorist, and would-be-fascist.

Wow, Christmas must have been good to you. your back in form again.

Blade

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Not too sure what you mean here mate.

Are they all that different Blade? Because go back a thousand years(give or take) and the Christians were doing the same weren't they?

You know the crusades?

In my mind where there is religion, violent death will follow.

History tends to repeat itself.

I could explain it to you but I don't think the others on this thread want it changed to a bible study thread. Besides as I stated, You wear it like a badge....meaning you have already made up your mind and no matter what I say, like our Boy Genius Frothingslosh, you will always find a reason not to believe.me or anyone else. But to answer your question, No they are not the same.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
even in this thread that is supposed to show respect, people manage to somewhat abuse the very rights that we aim to protect,

?? SERIOUSLY ??

You mean free speech, even if abusive and disrespectful ?

That is precisely what is happening.

Brian

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
At this very moment there's hostages clinging to life on the whim of others.

Religion or no religion - pray for them - or whatever else you do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom