Je Suis Charlie (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 13:57
I see the magazine normally has a print run of 60,000, next week they are printing 1,000,000.

I wonder what they will do with the money.

Col

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 09:57
I really hope next week's cover includes a giant middle finger in some way....

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
I have said it before but I will let the main emom of LONDON tell you what is coming. It will be the Third filmstrip of the following url.

I know you don't like fox news but you will not hear this on any other news group. I say this for those of you who want to bury their head in the sand with their A....s in the air,

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...nch-editor-who-defied-islamic-terror-threats/

Blade

Europe has a long history of living with terrorism which is why your apocalyptic, condescending view of the future will generally be ignored despite your best attempts to ridicule anybody who differs from your point of view.

Here is a good start pointing for you.

As Brian says, free speech should and will prevail. I think your attempt to preemptively ridicule those who disagree with you is, in a way, an affront to free speech. Primarily, however, I just wanted to express my disgust at the tone of your post in the context of this thread.

Vive La France.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:57
Europe has a long history of living with terrorism which is why your apocalyptic, condescending view of the future will generally be ignored despite your best attempts to ridicule anybody who differs from your point of view.

As Brian says, free speech should and will prevail. I think your attempt to preemptively ridicule those who disagree with you is, in a way, an affront to free speech. Primarily, however, I just wanted to express my disgust at the tone of your post in the context of this thread.

Vive La France.

I am all for speech but when a country (France) specifically Paris has 760 no-go areas they are inviting terrorism big time. Here you take 760 areas that do not have free speech or free anything as far as the law goes. Therefore, France has little countries within itself. Does England or the UK do the same thing?

Blade

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time

Vive La France.

I really don't know what to say. The url I submitted if not used within that hour would no longer have the news clip I wanted you to see.. Essentially it was a interview with Hannity from Fox news and the main London Imom. He stated straighforeward that Gays/lesbians will be put to death, Adulters both men and women will be put to death, Sharia Law will apply to all and the only way non-believers (Islam Faith)can continue to live is to convert to Islam, or become a slave. Now this is a leader of Muslims and this is what they (other Muslims) hear all the time. No matter how moderate the average Muslim is, he or she will not go against the supreme leader of their religion and help prevent or say anything against terrorism.

I really think that France will learn something from this but now that there are some 760+ no-go areas in and around Paris, it will be hard for the authorities to get their country back without further bloodshed.

As far as you are concerned, I am not going to get caught up in your little name games or hate speech. The 'head in the sand and As....s in the Air' was not aimed at anyone person but at those who had rather look the other way simply because it is more convenient. I learned a long time ago, if you allow a pack of wolves to camp in your yard, at some point in time you are going to get eaten.

Have a good evening.

Blade

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I would like to think that Bladerunner is wrong, but I am not convinced that he is.
Whether it comes to pass or is prevented with the spilling of much blood I don't know, I don't worry for myself but my grandchildren.

There appears to be no loud and general condemnation of the fanatics actions by the "peaceful" Muslim leaders, just the occasional muted comment.

Brian

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
I would like to think that Bladerunner is wrong, but I am not convinced that he is.

Brian, I urge you not to be convinced by the sensationalism of his view. France has a long history of fanatical terrorism from the Arab world. Carlos the Jackal even attained celebrity status.

These murderers actually had to ask directions for the correct address. When they did they couldn't get through the door and were only successful because some unfortunate who knew the combination for the door lock arrived for work. It is a terribly sad event but it is not the precedent for some cataclysm that some ignoramuses like to portray.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
I really don't know what to say.
The most unfortunate inaccuracy of all

As far as you are concerned, I am not going to get caught up in your little name games or hate speech. The 'head in the sand and As....s in the Air' was not aimed at anyone person but at those who had rather look the other way simply because it is more convenient.

When you prefix your point of view with a slur against those who would disagree with it, it is called poisoning the well It is not a "game". It is a deliberate device intentioned to shut down dialogue and is "aimed" at everyone who disagrees with you before they've said anything. Fortunately you are among people who recognize it for the manipulative drivel that it is.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Brian, I urge you not to be convinced by the sensationalism of his view. France has a long history of fanatical terrorism from the Arab world. Carlos the Jackal even attained celebrity status.

I am not basing my concerns on anything that Blade says but on the increasing demands of the Muslim communities and the lack of any challenge by the authorities or opinion makers.
The wearing of the veil is a typical issue, as Aziz confirmed when challenged on this nowhere is it written that women should cover their faces but it is quoted as a religious requirement by those that want to hide their faces even in a court of law.

Brian

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time

These murderers actually had to ask directions for the correct address. When they did they couldn't get through the door and were only successful because some unfortunate who knew the combination for the door lock arrived for work. It is a terribly sad event but it is not the precedent for some cataclysm that some ignoramuses like to portray.

France right now is in trouble. They represent 10% of Frances population. These Muslims who have set up a township (no-goes) where the law, fire or even the medical rescue does not go. The French law is not present here so beatings, killings (just don't know), planning terrorist activities (we know to be true), etc can take place without their (the laws) knowledge. They have a plan which I know you doubt but it is to populate, Apostatize and take over. Because they are populating at almost double the rate of French citizens, the 40-50% of the population will be reached around 2030 (15 years). Now, I will be long dead then but Frances grand...children will have to deal with it. How much of this is going on in London, I do not know and have not/will not research it. This is for the people of the UK to take care of/ or not.

We actually have some of the Muslims townships in the U.S. where the law is reluctant to go. This have been allowed by local governments that are very liberal in nature. Their thinking is, if we leave them alone, they will leave us alone. Like WACO, Jim Jones and countless others, you always will have followers that like the message they hear and blindly follow. All these leaders were liberal, hated the existing laws and tried to live outside of them until someone from the inside was brave enough to get out and spill the beans. Unfortunately, the Muslims extremist project such a large "ring of terror" within the Muslims community, the likely hood of someone from within coming out in almost zero.

As you say in the past almost every nation in Europe has been attacked by outsiders. This is not an attack from the outside, it is from within.I know you Dan-Cat do not want to see that or acknowledge that but it is there. I hear your ideas and your explanations of the events. I disagree however, I do not try to cut you off by calling you names, etc. I simply offer another way.

My apologies to the other members of this thread but under all the other accusations, I thought I would try to clarify my position. In the end, it will be the guns that have to do the talking regardless of what high minded Utopian ideas are out there. I wish we did have a gun control that would disarm and prevent the manufacture of any offensive / defensive weapon. In the end I guess, Albert Einstein (I think it was him, however Mr. Frothingslosh will research it for us) had it right when he said " I know not what WWIII will be fought with but WWIV will be fought with Sticks and Stones" The final gun control.

Have a good Day to all

Blade.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 09:57
Brian, the protests are there but they're not, as a rule, being covered. There have been protests, speeches, articles, and interviews from people ranging from scholars to imams to the people on the street, but you have to look for them. It's not the same kind of sensationalist news as a rogue imam in France calling for the destruction of the West, nor does it meet the needs of the those harping the most on the issue, such as Fox News here in the US. That's why, when the guy who is effectively the most respected leader of the entire Shi'ite sect outside Iran condemned the attacks and those behind them, it was minor news on most channels (*yawn* another muslim saying 'this is wrong!" *yawn*) and ignored entirely on Fox. A lunatic fringe imam who is basically Islam's version of Fred Phelps cheering the attackers on, though? That's front page news!

Last edited:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
France right now is in trouble.

You don't know anything about France. You didn't even know what was meant by the term "Social Contract". Your claim for authority on the subject is risible. Have you ever visited the country? :rolleyes:

EDIT: The reason why I'm antagonized by you, is that I know you're basically copy and pasting from the media. I'm guessing the Washington Times. Am I right? When someone doesn't understand a term like "Social Contract" then they can't understand a country like France at all. It is a fundamental political part of the Age of the Enlightenment of which you are simply ignorant of.

It's not that I'm berating you for not knowing these things but when you pretend to be an authority on a country like France, you make yourself look rather ridiculous.

Last edited:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
I am not basing my concerns on anything that Blade says but on the increasing demands of the Muslim communities and the lack of any challenge by the authorities or opinion makers.

I was under the impression that immigration reform in the UK was well under way. Link

Hasn't the UKIP also made significant political gains?

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Brian, the protests are there but they're not, as a rule, being covered. There have been protests, speeches, articles, and interviews from people ranging from scholars to imams to the people on the street, but you have to look for them. It's not the same kind of sensationalist news as a rogue imam in France calling for the destruction of the West, nor does it meet the needs of the those harping the most on the issue, such as Fox News here in the US. That's why, when the guy who is effectively the most respected leader of the entire Shi'ite sect outside Iran condemned the attacks and those behind them, it was minor news on most channels (*yawn* another muslim saying 'this is wrong!" *yawn*) and ignored entirely on Fox. A lunatic fringe imam who is basically Islam's version of Fred Phelps cheering the attackers on, though? That's front page news!

The protest were covered by Fox but like all other protest, they serve to bring attention to a problem and get a laws changed to prevent it. France has gone to far for that. Like have a blackhole(s) in the country, it eventually swallow the entire country up. Of course you will have all sorts of Muslim leaders that condemn this but this is a passive condemnation and amounts to a hill of beans. The lunatic Imam you speak of is the head Imam of London. Oh, AlQuada took responsibility for this and those liberal scholars are mostly the reason why this is happening. The general rule from a country should be,' If you want to come and live in OUR country then you assimilate to our values, bring your unique characteristics but in the end you will become French.' otherwise you will become a Muslim nation.

We also see this in the US where the border is open and the Mexicans do not assimilate but just rather take from all others without any contributions. This too is caused by the 'pie in the sky' ideology of the liberals.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
You don't know anything about France. You didn't even know what was meant by the term "Social Contract". Your claim for authority on the subject is risible. Have you ever visited the country? :rolleyes:

EDIT: The reason why I'm antagonized by you, is that I know you're basically copy and pasting from the media. I'm guessing the Washington Times. Am I right? When someone doesn't understand a term like "Social Contract" then they can't understand a country like France at all. It is a fundamental political part of the Age of the Enlightenment of which you are simply ignorant of.

It's not that I'm berating you for not knowing these things but when you pretend to be an authority on a country like France, you make yourself look rather ridiculous.
"Social Contract" the meat of the potato: "Social contract arguments typically posit that individuals have consented, either explicitly or tacitly, to surrender some of their freedoms and submit to the authority of the ruler or magistrate (or to the decision of a majority), in exchange for protection of their remaining rights" What kind of ruler????? A majority is typically MOB rule.Look to the protest (not peaceful) that has happened in the US lately. Someone said and I paraphrase: 'If you give up some of you liberty for security, you have neither.' WHY? because when you give up your liberties, the authority will take until there are no more. For once you open that can of worms, you cannot close it without a lot of bloodshed.

You said:Your claim for authority on the subject is risible. Have you ever visited the country?

Spent three years in Germany traveling all over Europe back when they did not have this problem. France and most all other countries (except eastern Europe) had open borders and Paris was as beautiful back then as it is now. The apprehension that almost certainly has to be there now was absent then. Does that satisfy your ....whatever?

Have a blessed and peaceful day.

Blade

essaytee

Need a good one-liner.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:57

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time

Cute "but were is the Beef"; you saw what they did to Charlie Hebdo. Pencils will not stop them no matter how many of them (pencils) there are.

There are approx. 2.08 Billion Muslims throughout the world according to some and there are about 300-500,000 extremist within that 2.08 Billion. That is more than the US population. A whole lot of terrorist to stop by laws and good wishes.

Blade

essaytee

Need a good one-liner.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:57
I came across another cartoon and now I can't find it. It depicted two terrorists just after slaughtering innocents and one had in his hand a broken pencil. The caption was, "Is this how they hurt us".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom