Je Suis Charlie (1 Viewer)

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:36
I grew up with the notion that offence is taken rather than given. The problem is with the one who takes offence at what someone else says not the one who says it.

I take offence at the deeply misogynist philosophy of Islam. I won't demand that they be stopped from expressing their views but neither will I accept that I should withhold my criticism lest they take offence.

All the Abrahamic religions are deeply fascist and like any form of fascism their survival requires the suppression of all criticism.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:36
It may be freedom of expression but it doesn't make it any less offensive to the innocents that follow this religion.

There are no innocents in Abrahamic religion.

All believers give credence to the notion of "prophets" spouting "the word of God" and recorded in the holy texts. Through this support they legitimise the bigotry, misogyny and genocide exalted in the books even if they don't acknowledge those parts.

The blood spilled by Muslim extremists is on the hands of every believer, including the Christians.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:36

All believers give credence to the notion of "prophets" spouting "the word of God" and recorded in the holy texts. Through this support they legitimise the bigotry, misogyny and genocide exalted in the books even if they don't acknowledge those parts.

The blood spilled by Muslim extremists is on the hands of every believer, including the Christians.

The problems exist in people so certain of their own beliefs that there is no grey areas and so no tolerance of others. A bit like yourself Galaxiom.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time

I'm not quite sure I was following this correctly, The way I took this comment is that you are basically saying - Everyone who believes in a religion is not innocent.

What have Christians got to do with Muslim Extremists? or any other religion for that matter?

As you've seen in my previous posts Galaxiom, I'm not a fan of religion as I think it causes more harm than good and In my opinion the world would be a much better place without it.

But proclaiming anyone who believes in Abrahamic religion as a non-innocent, Is far from true in my books. Just because they follow the book doesn't mean they follow it word for word. I know many people who follow all types of religion and cherry pick the parts they agree with and parts they don't.

Believe it or not, Just because you follow a religion doesn't mean you follow its holy book word for word, Not even the extremists do that (their caliphate picks the violent parts and drills it into their heads).

I can bet even Bladerunner has some quarrels with the Bible, (Parts he doesn't believe or doesn't follow). here is a few :

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things_The_Bible_Bans,_But_You_Do_Anyway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another Thing I have read which I found to be relevant to Terrorism Via Islamic Religion :

http://www.juancole.com/2013/04/islamic-forbids-terrorism.html

So this just shows how their caliphate feeds them information to which they use to destroy and kill. Not knowing that what they are doing is against their religion.

"War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing eachother "

- Nico Bellic (GTA)

(Yet another thing that seemed relevant)

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
The problems exist in people so certain of their own beliefs that there is no grey areas and so no tolerance of others. A bit like yourself Galaxiom.

Settle down guys, No need for the Direct comment Anthony - Let us all be friendly! ;):D:p

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
What about freedom of expression?

Brian

I didn't say don't say it - I said more or less to be nice to each other.

Think we have covered this before Brian - Freedom of Speech is fine, But no harm in keeping it civilized.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

Think we have covered this before Brian - Freedom of Speech is fine, But no harm in keeping it civilized.

Try telling that to FrothyWhatsHerName, she seems to get away with it.

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time

Oh I see, you can say what you like as long as it's nice, I take it that you are dead set against Charlie Hebdo then?

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Try telling that to FrothyWhatsHerName, she seems to get away with it.

Col

What have the female sex done to you? Everytime somebody of indeterminate gender upsets you decide that they are female, remember Dan Cat?

Brian

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time

I meant no offence and anyway

Galaxiom said:
The problem is with the one who takes offence at what someone else says not the one who says it.

so either way I am covered?! I dispute what I said was anywhere near as damning as what Galaxiom said about anyone with religion having blood on their hands anyhow.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Oh I see, you can say what you like as long as it's nice, I take it that you are dead set against Charlie Hebdo then?

Brian
Why are you seeming to search for quarrels Brian? (Troll Behaviour)

I may have said I don't approve of their drawing and my reasons can be read above, But I have no reason to be dead set against Charlie Hebdo.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
so either way I am covered?! I dispute what I said was anywhere near as damning as what Galaxiom said about anyone with religion having blood on their hands anyhow.

I have said what Galaxiom has said was wrong to say, But taking stabs at who said the worst comment isn't going to help anyone.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I thought that the whole point of coming on here was to swap ideas, argue, discuss, quarrel , debate etc etc, it will be real boring if we all agree with each other all of the time.

As long as we don't use foul and abusive language and can justify our comments then I see them as acceptable, I think :)

Brian

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 01:36
What have the female sex done to you? Everytime somebody of indeterminate gender upsets you decide that they are female, remember Dan Cat?

Brian

Oh, he's just trying to get a rise out of me. That particular insult is one we should have all learned to deal with in grade school, however, so I saw no need to take the bait.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Indeed Brian, I love a good debate.

I will have no say in the matter, Only trying to keep the peace before it spiralled out of hand.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Oh, he's just trying to get a rise out of me. That particular insult is one we should have all learned to deal with in grade school, however, so I saw no need to take the bait.

Good on you FrothingSlosh, as MarkK said - Don't feed them.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
I have said what Galaxiom has said was wrong to say, But taking stabs at who said the worst comment isn't going to help anyone.

Maybe you shouldn't have singled my comment out as the one which needed prompting to be nice, in light of what Galaxiom said.

I was going to post something which would test his assertion that its the recipient that takes offence.

I don't belief that's true - so I didn't.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
Maybe you shouldn't have singled my comment out as the one which needed prompting to be nice, in light of what Galaxiom said.

I was going to post something which would test his assertion that its the recipient that takes offence.

I don't belief that's true - so I didn't.

Maybe I was wrong Anthony, but could you not see your comment singled him out?

You did the exact same thing - He may have been wrong in what he had said, but it could be perceived as a personal comment aimed at him - Just trying to stamp the fire before it spreads my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom