Google Home Mini Diatribe (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:03
For some reason Google Home Mini decided that it needed to advertise it's presence. It started reading out a diatribe of useless information and refused to stop when requested, and these requests were, well, very firm and sometimes rude!

The only way I could get it to stop was to unplug its power source. It now remains sat on the window ledge, inert, powerless, or is it? I suspect it will remain there, until sold, or consigned to the bin, but I doubt very much if it will ever be plugged in again!

You might say why am I posting this here? Why don't I inform Google? Have you ever tried to communicate with Google? You are wasting your time! They are deaf, except for the Google Home Mini, which is not deaf! Maybe it will have a use after all! If I can persuade it to contact Brin's Google home Mini and relay my message now there's a thought!

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
If you decide to throw it in the bin, please send it to me and I'll pay the postage. :D

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
If you decide to throw it in the bin, please send it to me and I'll pay the postage. :D
Email me your address, and I'll post it!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
oh for the days of two tin cans and a length of string. equally poor for communication, but cheaper to throw away:)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Item received today. Thank you very much Tony.:)

Listening to Neil Young right this minute. :D

adrianscotter

Registered old fart!
Local time
I had a little 'chat' with mine when it started to misbehave. I took it to the US where I live part time for a 'proper' talking to. Do you know how much damage a .40 calibre hollow point does to a Google home mini. Lets just say it isn't minor and Google probably have ringing ears! :D I have already warned the replacement Amazon Echo and shown her the pictures!

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:03
I used to tell my misbehaving computer out at work that a computer's attention span was no longer than its electrical cord and that I knew where it was plugged in.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Do you know how much damage a .40 calibre hollow point does to a Google home mini.

Damn, if only I'd known that earlier I would have been sorely tempted to send it to you for a suitable execution!

Mind you there's still hope! Paul might get so annoyed with his, he will send it to you!

Last edited:

adrianscotter

Registered old fart!
Local time
I used to tell my misbehaving computer out at work that a computer's attention span was no longer than its electrical cord and that I knew where it was plugged in.

Hah! I tell mine the same as I told the Google home mini, he too has seen the photographs :eek:

adrianscotter

Registered old fart!
Local time
Damn, if only I'd known that earlier I would have been sorely tempted to send it to you for a suitable execution!

Mind you there's still hope! Gasman might get so annoyed with his, he will send it to you!

I'll happily oblige...

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Tangentally related to my previous comment, I thought I would post this:-

I moved some "myMaps" from one Google account to another, and deleted them from the original account, but then discovered "myMaps" are not available in the new Google account. They just don't transfer!

You have to download the original "myMaps" as KML files and then import those into a new "myMaps".

But there's a snag, if you try to export everything from the original file and then import everything into the new file you get an error message.

It took me about a month of investigation to discover that if I downloaded the individual layers and imported them layer by layer (usually only one or two) I could reconstruct the "myMaps" files correctly on the new Google account.

But I had deleted the original files! I assumed that they were gone, accidentally whilst I was messing around, I discovered that they still existed!

I have been able to recover most if not all of my original "myMaps"

Now I'm raring to go, to build my new Nifty walks website only to discover that I cannot take possession of the Nifty walks URL straight away I have to wait 60 days! No idea why?

New site:-
www.niftywalks.com (not available yet)

Old site:-

https://sites.google.com/site/toenyswalksandotherthings/

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:03
I had a little 'chat' with mine when it started to misbehave. I took it to the US where I live part time for a 'proper' talking to. Do you know how much damage a .40 calibre hollow point does to a Google home mini. Lets just say it isn't minor and Google probably have ringing ears! :D I have already warned the replacement Amazon Echo and shown her the pictures!
I can send you 2 brand new Amazon Echo's, if you promise to film their demise. Preferably plugged in with their little lights on.

adrianscotter

Registered old fart!
Local time
I can send you 2 brand new Amazon Echo's, if you promise to film their demise. Preferably plugged in with their little lights on.

I'm just about to leave for the UK so won't have access to any firearms when home. If you can wait until I get back in the autumn, then I'm your man!!! :D

You can choose from .45 cal Colt semi, AK47 semi, Mossberg 500 pump action shotgun, 9mm SKKY or .22 LR Ruger semi.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
This YouTube video describes the speaking assistant I would like next!

Be warned, the video is for adults only, and not for the easily offended adults!

https://youtu.be/Wh32zI_U4VI

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time

adrianscotter

Registered old fart!
Local time
I did check niftywalks.com and it says it is registered. I don’t understand the delay, unless it was registered elsewhere perhaps... niftywalks.org is available if that’s of any interest...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom