Scott's onboard (1 Viewer)

tinkerer51

Local time
Today, 06:10
Hello All,

I have been tinkering with MS Access since 1997. I would like to learn more about visual basic and module integration with Access controls, such as automating filters on tables.

I have used MS Access for a maintenance workorder system distributed across a network with Access generated GUI's, so I am comfortable with some advanced features but not in VB, which I assume would speed up Access back-end operations.

I welcome any advice as I am a newby to VB and modules.

Thanks All,
Scott

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:10
Hi Scott. Welcome to AWF!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:10
Welcome aboard AWF, Scott.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:10
Hi, there, Scott. Since you bring it up, VBA doesn't often make something faster. But it very often makes something FAR more versatile and snappy-looking. And there ARE times when you can do things in VBA that are a lot harder to do in other ways.

Which should not be taken as discouragement for your goals. We can often help you make things faster too.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 08:10
I welcome any advice as I am a newby to VB and modules.
then you'll most certainly love my soon-to-be-released FAQ on using class modules. I'm expecting some real he$$ fire when that one shows up the board! By the way Scott, I worked with a CPA here in this town 10 years ago who was working for a hospice, and even though it was 2010 at that time, he was using excel and access 1997 for maintaining the huge amount of financial data he was responsible for. I was shocked that he never bothered to upgrade. But it worked perfectly for us both.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom