Access World Addiction Anonymous (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:55
1) they will automate lower level employees out of their jobs to save costs for the purpose of boosting profits

While we are at it, that automation might well have been needed, not to BOOST profits... but to make any at all. The biggest cost driver in most businesses IS the people it takes to keep the business running. As salaries and benefits become more expensive through inflation, the incredible overhead required to make a profit skyrockets. But this is nothing new. The government and many private companies commonly sub-contract parts of their business for fixed-price or fixed-margin contracts for which the contractee assumes the cost and risk of personnel management. I've gone through 28 1/2 years and not less than 7 different companies under that model of doing business. I said "not less than 7" because I don't know whether to count a company name change and merger as one or two different employers.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
hey Richard,

have you noticed that you and I arguing back and forth is very similar to the way Peter and Paul argued constantly over the faith after Christ was lifted into the heavens upon resurrection? Our arguments about this stupid $hit are just about as pointless as those 2 guys arguing over what was supposed to be common sense spoken by the king during his earthly life. Perhaps we will end up best of friends? Or would that offend you to the highest degree? Jon seems to think the former is an inevitability. What do you think, mr. engineering genius? :)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
When WHO was lifted where? Oh, yes, of course... a non-existent mythological being lifted to a non-existent mythological place... got it. Or did you forget my position on this matter?

And as for us arguing about this "stupid $hit" as you call it, you were the one who based an entire argument on a total misunderstanding of how things work. If you don't want someone to pounce and stomp all over your arguments, either learn to make them based closer to fact or stop posting. Just a suggestion, really. It is of course your choice.

I am not the only one here who as tromped all over your posts. You made MajP laugh at least a couple of times that I can recall. Others have either given up completely and blocked you or they just stand by to correct you as needed. In the meantime, for everyone else out here, I try to be a nice guy. You, however, bring out the worst in me. I think I know why but that would be a little TOO much psychoanalysis.

As to us ever being friends? Jon has his opinion and it is his to have. You have your opinion and it is yours to have. I have my opinion and it is mine to have. But the opinions don't have to be the same because we are all different. As my distant French cousins would say, Vive le difference!

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
can't we celebrate in the differences then? what would be wrong with that?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Actually, Adam, I really DO celebrate in the differences. I'm glad that we are different because lets me be glad I'm not you.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:55
I have plenty of tongue-in-cheek opinions, but sometimes they might have some truth to them. They vary.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I'm glad that we are different because lets me be glad I'm not you.
why wouldn't you want to be me? do you think I live a sorrowful life? or is it because I'm supposedly "ignorant" about this industry we call "software development"?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I imagine your Bestie is looking for the "All of the above" button. :giggle:
your comment isn't even worth looking at, moke. Unless of course you're kidding, which my radar senses that to be a YES. :p

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Personally, I would get my radar repaired.
there's no need richard. sometimes it's off because I'm too busy to care about the replies here. but I always reply to you because I like you so much. :p

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I will not disrespect your statement that you like me. Thank you for your kind words. However, I cannot at this time reciprocate. I will leave it at that.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
well I'm surprised at that richard. I wont ask the reason. but it's no big deal. remember me saying that I do everything in real life? perhaps it would change if we met for coffee. you really can't tell shit by talking on this forum.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
However, I cannot at this time reciprocate.
RECIPROCATE? LOL. well at least you're trying Richard. You're not talking *exactly* like a machine, but you're pretty close! it's no wonder you don't believe in God. Many corporate people suffer from this same thing. I would hate feeling like that. But it seems it doesn't affect you that much....which surprises me.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It shouldn't surprise you that I can live without God. You do too. The only difference is you think you don't live without Him. But He's not there. No one is listening.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
=( come back and talk to me when you get 20 years older Richard. I'd be interested to see what you have to say at that stage of your life.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Make it 30 years and we'll both come 👻👻
do you guys really think i'm THAT immature? I think we 3 (or more) should meet face to face for coffee. you don't have a damn clue what you're talking about buddy. :p but I know ur joking...

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 06:55
It shouldn't surprise you that I can live without God. You do too. The only difference is you think you don't live without Him. But He's not there. No one is listening.
Can't help but notice Doc...although you are atheists or agnostic, you still capitalize the pronouns for the almighty!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@NauticalGent - That is true. It is an ingrained habit from English classes in grade school through high school. But it also makes it clear to certain others when I make that particular reference. That way they can't be uncertain in my meaning.

@vba_php - In 50 years we will be together - in nothingness; or, if you prefer, non-existence.

No, we will NOT sit down over coffee. You will start to proselytize and force me to leave because the alternative would be to make you wear the coffee. That is the problem with folks like you, Adam. You know I have already heard that message (for the first 35 years of my life). NOW I have rejected it because I finally see through the lies. But you won't grant that I have made a rational decision on the topic.

If we sat down and you started trying to "save" me, I would immediately classify you as being a member of my absolute worst category of human being. The members of that class are proselytizers, career politicians, used car salesmen, foreign telemarketers who give American-sounding names, and software salesmen. But the reason we can't have coffee is that in that context, I can't hang up the phone on you.

do you guys really think i'm THAT immature?

May I give you some advice? NEVER ask a question if you weren't willing to hear any of the possible answers to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom