Coronavirus - are we all doomed? (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 01:50
Surely, this thread is supposed to be discussing the biggest threat to the world for centuries.

Why are you all arguing with a poster who has proved he is a total pillock. Let's get back to the serious business which affects us all so drastically.

Col

Dreamweaver

Local time
Well just watched sky news it looks like I will have to go in a 12 week lockdown as I have COPD Don't know what I'm going to do by the end of it I'll owe so much It'll take me years to get back not only that my mrs just lost her job as the place had to close.

at least I have things to do with my work with access.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Yesterday, 19:50
You think I might come to you for something one day. If it happens that I ever decide to pick up PHP or get heavily invested in web issues, I might. Or I might not. I grant that the future is not predictable. But may I offer advice on that? While waiting for me to come to you, don't hold your breath.
the comment was of a religious nature, sir. it has nothing to do with PHP or anything else web-based. or technology based for that matter.

as for respect around here, I don't care too much. this is exactly why I told you that, if you ever met me face to face, your attitude would change immediately. but alas, since you are so against that, you'll never know will you? I live in a very small place and have no need to travel, so if you ever wanted to satisfy for your curiosity, more than likely you would have to give an MS access talk in my area. otherwise, a face to face is probably a moot point.

alternatives => anything outside of office => oracle, sql server, mysql, azure or even EXCEL for that matter. =) there's nothing wrong with access. the fact that it sometimes sucks goes all the way back to microsoft not caring about it because it makes them no money. I will always believe that. the CLOUD is what makes money, NOT local programs like this one.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
the comment was of a religious nature, sir.

I rather expected that. My response remains: Don't hold your breath while waiting. Unless, of course, you have a desire to meet your maker sooner rather than later. Not suggesting anything, you understand.

Nor do I need to come to you anyway. While you might not care for his style, the Rev. Billy Graham made it clear that according to Protestant Christian dogma on this subject, if we wanted to do so, we could pray directly to God without church intervention. This is because to his understanding, the death of Christ on the cross removed the barrier to direct prayer. Note also that in some churches, particularly during the dark ages, the idea that you can pray directly without intervention of a clergy person was once considered heresy. This despite Matthew 18:20 - "For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
according to Protestant Christian dogma on this subject, if we wanted to do so, we could pray directly to God without church intervention. This is because to his understanding, the death of Christ on the cross removed the barrier to direct prayer.
in history, people are chosen to be intercessors. they are needed, as are priests as a way to unburden the soul.
Note also that in some churches, particularly during the dark ages, the idea that you can pray directly without intervention of a clergy person was once considered heresy. This despite Matthew 18:20 - "For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."
in this day in age, christ is present in all things, even evil things although it grieves him. but then again, he was always present in all things and always will be.

on a side note, it remains to be seen what kind of turmoil my presence will cause in the catholic church. some people will say I'm evil.

Dreamweaver

Local time
He is a complete p***k This topic is about Coronavirus that pillock smother every topic he can with a total load of crap maybe I'm under a lot at the moment so best I not say anymore:mad::mad::mad::mad:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@MickJav, you are right. Adam does try to hijack threads. Our choices are totally ignore him or call him down. I have chosen to engage and call him down where possible. You certainly can ignore him if you wish.

@vba_php: Ah, yes... intercessors. But then you do know the Bible and the Apocrypha well enough to realize that intercessory prayers don't work, right? Look in the first three chapters of the book of Esdras to find out the origin of the idea that we have to make a personal relationship with God because those third-party intercessions are worthless in the end. And the total shame is that an ATHEIST has to school you in Biblical content.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
@vba_php: Ah, yes... intercessors. But then you do know the Bible and the Apocrypha well enough to realize that intercessory prayers don't work, right? Look in the first three chapters of the book of Esdras to find out the origin of the idea that we have to make a personal relationship with God because those third-party intercessions are worthless in the end. And the total shame is that an ATHEIST has to school you in Biblical content.
it's an issue of catholicism, super-nice person, not an issue of your atheism. prayers to God and through intercessors both work just fine for truly faithful people.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I think many people are struggling with psychological issues relating to staying at home during this outbreak. I have just received a message from a friend of mine who said they are not coping well with being confined to home and it is only day 2 for them. I am used to working from home so perhaps more resilient than those who go into an office every day and are used to the social interaction that it brings.

Dreamweaver

Local time
We at least if I have got to be home for 3 months I'll be able to do more work on the project manager and the templates

Dreamweaver

Local time
I've work over 20 year without more than a couple of holiday weeks

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
As a retiree, I'm less affected by this "staying at home" issue because I've already broken the habit of going in to work every day. But I understand your friend's position, Jon. I went through that as a new retiree. It was disorienting at first, but I adapted quickly.

My wife, on the other hand, is used to running errands every so often. She is not quite going stir crazy, but SHE has starting taking short-distance walks just to get out of the house. I've offered to help her by accompanying her but she's not ready for my 3 mile walks yet.

Reactions: Jon

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
The way I am dealing with it is to try to keep to the same routines. Get up at same time, eat at same time, bed at same time.
I also have made a list of little jobs that need doing - nothing major. I work a lot on the garden and Spring is a busy time like planting seeds and nurturing them. Also, things like tidying the garage, sorting stuff, garage door needs painting, metal gates could do with a coat. Then there's housework to do. I like cooking so I cook up meals that can be frozen like cottage pie, chilli etc. I also am doing a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle, learning new songs to play on guitar.
Tomorrow (Monday) is clothes washing, clean sheets on bed and hoovering, a little nap after lunch, then do some cooking for my tea time.
Col

deletedT

Local time
NG, I have decided to consider Adam in the same way I try to look at people in general. ........ Each field produces according to its nature. ..... But to totally avoid a poor field wastes the field and gives it no chance to produce value.

I envy your patience. But I have a lot more important things to do with my time.

It was just announced that Japan will prohibit all visitors from US until the end of April.

deletedT

Local time
I work at two companies, 21 hours a day.
I don't know what will happen if someday our government tries similar measures against spreading the virus and we have to stay at home.
It would be the worst torture for me.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I have just received a message from a friend of mine who said they are not coping well with being confined to home and it is only day 2 for them
God has possibly done this to pull them back from their stupidity of seeking so much material knowledge, they're in danger of imploding on themselves. that will happen anyway, eventually, but people need to be pulled back because before this outbreak, they were worrying about literally anything and everything, and none of the worrying made any damn sense or had any merit whatsoever.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
It was just announced that Japan will prohibit all visitors from US until the end of April.
oh damn that sucks. and I thought this ignorer of me once considered me intelligent. after all, he did once say to me:
thanks for the daily lesson
My COVID-19 starter kit.

View attachment 80051

Just kidding it much larger.:cool:
LOL. this is wonderful. I've never seen humor this good in this place. where the hell did you guys learn how to do this!?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:50
Not all of us live on our fathers couch. We have things to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom