Coronavirus - are we all doomed? (1 Viewer)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:42
LOL. this is wonderful. I've never seen humor this good in this place. where the hell did you guys learn how to do this!?
There has always been social commentary on this site.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 16:42
There has always been social commentary on this site.
i've never seen anything that good before. I nice mixture of the truth and super-nice person nature that comes from this place. =) are you reading this richard?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
God has possibly done this to pull them back from their stupidity of seeking so much material knowledge

You should know that God doesn't visit plagues upon Man any more. In fact, never did... ignorant people just blamed Him for it and then due to fear of that imaginary place of torment, excused the plagues as a form of deserved punishment. But the real explanation is simpler, and we can thank Forrest Gump for this dramatically clear statement on the reason for bad things: S H I T H A P P E N S.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
In the scene where this comes out, Forrest does indeed say "IT HAPPENS" and one of the reporters covering his running phase asks something to the effect of "Did you mean s**t happens" - which Forrest confirms.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
In the scene where this comes out, Forrest does indeed say "IT HAPPENS" and one of the reporters covering his running phase asks something to the effect of "Did you mean s**t happens" - which Forrest confirms.
I was referring to the scene where they filmed the bumper sticker on the back of the pickup truck

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 22:42
I give up. Totally impossible to keep thread on track. It would be nice if you started a thread where you can squabble like children to your hearts content,whilst grown up people can be sensible and discuss.

Col

Dreamweaver

Local time
I agree with colin if you engage him your doing what he wants dont ruin this site

Dreamweaver

Local time
I've been told not to come to work from tomorrow as I'm high risk but they have said they will pay us that's one weigh off my mind

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I've offered to help her by accompanying her but she's not ready for my 3 mile walks yet.
Your daily walk Doc is a very good thing to do and an excellent habit. I hope you keep that up as long as you are able to. Apparently, a 40 minute walk is supposed to be as good for you as a 20 minute run.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
The way I am dealing with it is to try to keep to the same routines. Get up at same time, eat at same time, bed at same time.
I also have made a list of little jobs that need doing - nothing major. I work a lot on the garden and Spring is a busy time like planting seeds and nurturing them. Also, things like tidying the garage, sorting stuff, garage door needs painting, metal gates could do with a coat. Then there's housework to do. I like cooking so I cook up meals that can be frozen like cottage pie, chilli etc. I also am doing a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle, learning new songs to play on guitar.
Tomorrow (Monday) is clothes washing, clean sheets on bed and hoovering, a little nap after lunch, then do some cooking for my tea time.
Col
I was going to actually post here, or create a separate post, on what peoples plans were when confined to home. I have my whiteboard full of projects and things to do, ranging from cutting up trees with a chainsaw, losing 1 stone in weight, continuing my Ruby on Rails course and getting my routines back on track (which seem to have been blown out the window lately!).

I'm asking myself, "How can I turn this adversity into an opportunity?"

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I work at two companies, 21 hours a day.
I don't know what will happen if someday our government tries similar measures against spreading the virus and we have to stay at home.
It would be the worst torture for me.
Three hours sleep a night?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
God has possibly done this to pull them back from their stupidity of seeking so much material knowledge, they're in danger of imploding on themselves. that will happen anyway, eventually, but people need to be pulled back because before this outbreak, they were worrying about literally anything and everything, and none of the worrying made any damn sense or had any merit whatsoever.
This outbreak certainly puts other things into perspective, so I certainly agree with you from that perspective.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
on what peoples plans were when confined to home.

It's a brilliant opportunity to learn something, like something you haven't done before in MS Access, or add another programming language, another string to your bow, like Python, JavaScript, Google app scripts, Flutter...

Reactions: Jon

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 17:42
I started a work out routine, DDP Yoga. It is a lot harder than I thought! I might not lose any weight but I least I will be more flexible!

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
like Python, JavaScript, Google app scripts, Flutter...
try the ever so popular TYPESCRIPT. that's gaining huge popularity right now, for the same stupid reason as DEVOPS and RESTFULapi. :rolleyes:

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Three hours sleep a night?
actually Jon, it's a lot less than that. this last night the total was 1.5 hours. 3 bouts of 15-30 min sleeps a piece. and of course, the vivid dreams are now happening once again. sometimes scares the shit out of me. the devil's madness is controlling, that's for sure. and NO, not me. I'm talking about the world.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I had about 9 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom