this thread has been started for Richard. (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:55
Adam, I must admit that I am astonished that you don't understand how others could apply principles of kindness and charity to this forum. You, who talk and talk ad nauseam about your belief in God, somehow don't recognize that we do what we do out of love for our fellow man. The ancient Greeks called it philios, which is the origin of the English word philanthropy.

Just for clarification:

why you would help people for free Richard because you have no need for money anymore considering your government pension and benefits and whatever the hell else you get from them.

I retired in 2017. I've been a member here since 2001. So for 16 years I was giving away free advice while still working in this field. You clearly don't get it because that level of charity is just not within you.

You seem to forget that I have stated plainly and clearly that I believe the Bible to contain some really good advice even though I don't believe the origin of that advice is God. We are reading the same book but getting different things out of it. Based on the way you act, I firmly believe I still get more out of it than you do.

You remind me of the people described in Job 15:35. You seem to act according to Proverbs 6:18. Also Proverbs 16:27 as well as 16:28. And Psalms 7:14. You should live according 1 Peter 3:10-11 and recognize the value of Proverbs 10:9.

Now, Adam, you will probably complain that I would school you in the Bible, and perhaps try to find a way to ignore what I have sent your way. But it is YOU who would claim the Bible to be the infallible word of God, not capable of being corrupted by someone like me. Therefore, those passages I just quoted to you would apply REGARDLESS of who suggested them to you. If you are going to continue to hide behind God, then at least learn what His book says about your actions.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
@vba_php: You don't seem to comprehend altruism. You are also overlooking the work of many many many many participating in "open-source" projects such as Linux, MySQL, PHP, Python, etc. I assume that you do use these "free" products for your work, presuming that you are working.
ok ok, I looked it up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altruism

that's a fair point, I suppose. in terms of FREE products, it's interesting that you mention that. As I have read recently, pretty much anything will be free in the future, as the fear in the human mind starts to get out of control (it's already to that point anyway). the source of the fear is irrelevant, because it comes out in many forms. and yes, I have used them. I'm talking about the *free* products you speak of.

I think what you missed regarding what I'm saying about giving away free information and losing revenue because of it, is fairly simple. for instance, if you look at @isladogs , and one of his business pages here:

you can see that anyone could easily bypass his services and do for themselves with that page alone plus the help from people on this forum. but yet, if you look here:

it does give some help, and rightly so, but not to the point of hand holding and thus, people who need python work done will more than likely pay for it. same thing goes for a site like this:

where someone who needs help with it in the form of a beginner looking for step-by-step instructions, they won't get it. thus, they will have to pay for an expert to do the work for them because the information given is not even close to the beginner level. furthermore, if you look at a page like this:

you can see the same thing happen. and if you asked a question on phpFreaks or phpHelp in the same form that questions around here are asked, you wouldn't get the same kind of answer. in other words, the hand would not be held and you would be left to figure it out on your own because the helpers on those forums assume that if you are delving into PHP or other complex language, you should have the brain power to figure things out on your own once you are given an initial push.

follow?

Last edited:

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
If you are going to continue to hide behind God, then at least learn what His book says about your actions.
i have no idea what the hell ur talking about old man. no one is hiding behind anything.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
furthermore you guys, if you knew what was coming you would realize that it only takes pennies, if even that much money, to get software that you need. what's the purpose in developing?

deletedT

Local time
Today, 01:55
i have no idea what the hell ur talking about old man. no one is hiding behind anything.

Listen my friend. I've seen you used this phrase several time and I've got a feeling you don't use it in a respectful tone. I'm sorry if I'm wrong and you don't use this phrase to to humiliate others.

Once you told me you're interested in our culture. So don't take the following as an advice. Because I'm not the right person to give advice. It's just our culture and a part of our society. I hope what comes bellow will help you in choosing the words when you're talking to others.

In our culture, the age brings knowledge, wisdom, patience. When we look at someone who you call OLD MAN, we see an ocean of wisdom, a mountain of experience. We see someone who has gone through a storm called life and has come out with stories of his fights and victories over hard times.

That's why when we meet an elder in the street, we normally bow with our heads and show our respect. No matter we know him/her or not. We respect them because they are the treasure of our society.
Although we have a word that means old man, but normally no-one uses it. We prefer to call elders, Otosan or Okasan. It means father/Mother.
You may not believe, But we see our parents through them, and their troubles for what we have today.

We have different words to show different level of respect. For example we have 3 words meaning father for different level of respect, and we normally use the most respectful one to call an elder (Otosan, Okasan), just like our own real father and mother.

Senpai is a word that is used for someone who is older than us. Even if someone is one day older than us, we call him Senpai.
Direct translating Senpai, google gives you senior. But Google can not translate what we mean when we call someone Senpai. For us it's a special word with a special meaning. I can't translate it for you with words. You must be here and see this culture to recognize what it means and when it's used and how respectful is to call someone : My Senpai.
There are books written about this word. But how a book can translate a custom, a culture, something that has been passed to us generation by generation.

We teach our children that respecting others by choosing correct words, doesn't mean they are weak. Doesn't make them small. Being able to admire others is not weakness. It shows how gentle and how beautiful their soul is. Showing their honor for others is not a disadvantage. We teach them that they can show their spirit, their soul through the words they choose. I wish I could explain it better.

So when you call someone Old man, and I've seen it numerous times, something within me moves. It's some kind of anger. Some kind of disappointment. I want to explain how ugly is to be this cruel. How hateful is to look down at others. I want to educate you how to respect others, just the same as my father taught me and the same way I brought up my kids. But you're not a kid. You are far away and out of reach. And I think to myself how to explain that age is the most beautiful present that time gives someone. And it's not something to be used this way.

I wish I could explain better how we feel about a Senpai, an unknown father or mother we see in the street or talk to over internet. But it needs another Shakespeare to be able to transfer a real feelings with words. And I'm far from him.

PS : In case you didn't mean to be offensive by using Old man, I owe another apology. Just read above as a part of our culture.

Last edited:

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
it has nothing to do with ur saying @Tera . it is a spat, nothing else. richard talks like a machine, and I make fun of it in a playful manner. it has nothing to do with putting people down. to me, it's a fun back-and-forth. if I were actually IN JAPAN, you wouldn't hear those words come out of my mouth because I would be a guest. I'm surprised you haven't realized that. aren't you smart enough to know that by now? you have to realize that america, people are a$$holes and they constantly fight with another. it's nothing like ur culture. america is the place to get rich, nothing else. which of course is what makes this place the worst place in the world. I would much rather take part in japan, for instance, because they actually WANT people to stay in the country. the only issue I have with ur place is that it's incredibly overcrowded. then of course there's the issue of this place:

deletedT

Local time
richard talks like a machine, and I make fun of it in a playful manner.
People are not a tool for making fun of them.

if I were actually IN JAPAN, you wouldn't hear those words come out of my mouth because I would be a guest.
Respecting others doesn't need to be guest. Do you mean if you were here and weren't a guest, you would humiliate the elders?

you have to realize that america, people are a$$holes and they constantly fight with another.
I know a lot of respectfull people from America. You one of them. @The_Doc_Man another. I can make a list of all of them. but you don't need a list. You already know them and you know I respect all of them.

it's nothing like ur culture. america is the place to get rich, nothing else. which of course is what makes this place the worst place in the world. I would much rather take part in japan, for instance, because they actually WANT people to stay in the country. the only issue I have with ur place is that it's incredibly overcrowded. then of course there's the issue of this place:
Nowhere is the perfect place. Anywhere has its plus points and minus points. We are far away from being perfect. We just try to be closer.
You can make your country better by being better. Micheal Jackson says : I 'm starting with the man in the mirror.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
People are not a tool for making fun of them.
I didn't say that. I said I MAKE FUN OF IT. *read*, bud. =) i'm talking about his mind and his thinking, not about his person.
Micheal Jackson says : I 'm starting with the man in the mirror.
you mean the same guy that apparently molested young kids at his neverland ranch? :rolleyes:
Do you mean if you were here and weren't a guest, you would humiliate the elders?
I don't think you realize this Tera, but the difference in young minds and old minds that we are seeing RIGHT NOW, and that will continue in the future, is a precursor to what Christ said thousands of years ago and that is documented in the book of matthew.

deletedT

Local time
Adam, don't try to defend yourself when somebody says something. No body is attacking you and there's no need to try to respond to everything. I respect you as an individual and I don't want to hurt your feelings by no means.

I don't care if Micheal was criminal or not. His "I'm starting with the man in the mirror" is one of the best things I've ever heard. I didn't ask to do what he did. I asked you to listen to what he says.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:55
You need not tell me anything.

You have become such a toxic presence on this site that I , as well as others, are quickly losing interest in participating here.

Enjoy yourself at Jons expense.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
You have become such a toxic presence on this site that I , as well as others, are quickly losing interest in participating here.
well that shouldn't be the case, moke. none of you guys are obliged to talk to me. why do you? why not just stick to answering questions? isn't that what you enjoy anyway?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time

And now you attempt to hide behind feigned ignorance or lack of understanding. But Tera has seen the truth. Moke123 has seen the truth. So have Uncle Gizmo, Nautical Gent, and Galaxiom. Many others see you for what you are. I DEFY you to look up those Biblical references. If you did, you would see that you are behaving contrary to the teachings of the book you claim to be so valuable.

You think I write like a machine of some kind. No, I write like a writer. That fact came out a long time ago. I am a hobbyist writer for whom language is yet another tool. You, on the other hand, doom yourself with your lack of comprehension of proper language. To paraphrase Frederick Loewe, I dedicate one brief verse to you:

Look at him, a prisoner of the gutters, condemned by every syllable he utters. By rights he should be taken out and hung, for the cold-blooded murder of the English tongue.

Enjoy being the center of scorn, Adam. You seem to thrive on being told what a negative influence you have become. This speaks ill of your character or your psyche, one or the other. And if you really do enjoy stirring up controversy, then you truly ARE a troll.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tera, if EVER someone suggests that your English is not good, may I offer the opinion that your skills, both as an essayist and as a composer of proper English, are quite high? Thank you. I understand your culture better thanks to your excellent explanation and exposition.

Unfortunately, when you find yourself confused after a dialog with Adam, it is not a language barrier that prevents understanding. It is Adam's lack of coherence because he WANTS to confuse you. It is his way of trying to undermine the confidence of people who have seen through his facade of lies and evasion. Your language skills are quite impressive. Don't judge your language abilities by your inability to understand him. I've lived in the USA for 72 years and sometimes I can't understand his random rambling that he calls "speech." In a previous post you commented on his lack of logic, but in fact there is deadly logic there if you don't catch it. It is the logic of evasive argument.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 20:55
Well said Doc!

NVA is indeed a troll to the highest level of Troll-tivity. At no point in his rambling, incoherent responses is he even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award him NO points, and may God have mercy on his soul.

Last edited:

deletedT

Local time
I don't want to hurt your feelings by no means.

that's impossible and I'm not sure you realize that

Once again, I don't want to pretend being Socrates. And give a speech. But just listen to what I have to say.

Adam, we have a lot of feelings. Pain one of them. Though you may hate having pain, but without pain human can not survive. Pain is a sign that something with our body is wrong. Without pain, you may have cut off your finger and don't even notice. You look at your hand, one finger is lost and you're bleeding without noticing. But as soon as a knife touches your skin, you feel pain. It's an alarm to show you're in danger. Although you hate pain, but it's necessary for you.

We have a lot more feelings too. Anger, love, hate, fear, trust, sadness, shame, friendship, .......

Each one of these emotions, help man kind to survive. And we have survived, I don't know, how many million years. Because we feel. Because we feel happiness and sorrow, love and joy, anxiety and confusion. They all are a part of our existence and they help us to be a better us. Just like pain. Without these emotions, man kind had gone distinct long long time ago.

My father used to tell me that life is a jet coaster of emotions. It has its ups and downs. The down time emotions are necessary to give us the energy, power and the strength to correct ourselves, to grow, to be better than yesterday.

For me, feeling hurt is one of those emotions that is necessary. It's a chance to understand I've done something wrong and it gives me the understanding that I should correct what I did. I read somewhere that being hurt is kind of a wake up call and works like a trigger to push us toward a better us.

Many people think that not being able to be hurt is some kind of mental strength, But I see it opposite. When someone blames me for what I did, if I don't feel hurt, I won't correct myself. I'll be the man standing in the corner for ever, not being loved, not being mentioned. It helps me to rebuild myself and rebuild a new me. It helps me to correct my mistakes.

Many people believe that a real man never cries. But I don't think so. I think a real man cries. And I love myself crying. Because it shows I feel. Me and my wife watch movies and both of us cry. I don't try to hide my tears because it's natural and I'm happy that I feel, I'm glad to see the emotions can conquer my heart and bring tears to my eyes. It shows I'm alive.

Me and my wife watch movies and we laugh and I love to see myself laughing. It proves that I have a heart that feels. It proves that I'm not a man made of stone, made of steel. Because it shows I'm still alive. It shows I have the power to be happy, to be sad. To be hurt.

Sometimes me and my wife have fights. She cries and I get sad and regret what I did and what I said. And I'm happy that I feel sadness. This regret kills me to the bone, but I'm glad that I feel this regret. Because that sadness, that regret gives me the lesson to be more careful and not to be cruel to her.

So my friend, human's feelings and emotions are a very important part of us. And I will never try to hide them.
In my eyes bragging that nobody can breaks your heart or no one is able to hurt you, is not a sign of strength. It's your weakness.

And even if I was standing in your shoes and nobody actually could hurt my feelings, I would hide it. I wouldn't talk about it in a public forum, because I know how lonely a man without feelings is.

Last edited:

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
In my eyes bragging that nobody can breaks your heart or no one is able to hurt you, is not a sign of strength. It's your weakness.
i never said that, did I? I said no one here can possibly hurt my feelings. I quoted your post. but yes, you're right in the fact that it *does* make me sad that richard is not a believer, or yourself. I won't mention the recent events in my life that confirm that either, otherwise it would make me look like a fool here on the board based on the responses I would get. and since most of you jokers think I'm a fool as it stands right now anyway, why would I do that to myself? follow?

but the question still remains, like I said previously, why are guys keeping this up? isn't this still called "feeding the troll"? I don't get it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom