where's my post (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 03:08
I have been quoted a few times for having duplicate post. Here is one of the reason. I posted an answer about my Motoz4 problem. 20 minutes later it still not showing up under lastest post. Whatn gives?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 00:08
I can see your answer to the Moto problem. There are 2 posts - one question, one answer this morning. Browser issue?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:08
Latest posts default to only show you unread items.
If you click on the What's New drop down it lists the latest threads regardless of if you have read them.

I think...

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
My browser or AWF's problem?
Well true, I don't know. I was just letting you know that I could see your post. My wife had a Moto and we had some issues finding the volume control on it.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:08
Dick, I can't speak for all forums but frequently new posts don't show up until they have been approved by a moderator.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Dick, I can't speak for all forums but frequently new posts don't show up until they have been approved by a moderator.

That's only the case here in locked areas such as sample databases or if the post is blocked due to other forum constraints

So in answer to Dick's question "Where's My Post", the answer is "Where You Left It"
...unless of course one of the mods has deleted the duplicate post!

The screenshot below shows how to view your own threads

1591392791319.png

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I don't think "untill approved" is the problem, as there are people who came back and said they can see my post so they were approved. When I post something, however, it doesn't show up on the new post list. That is why I was posting twice thinking I had not posted correctly.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
That's only the case here in locked areas such as sample databases or if the post is blocked due to other forum constraints

So in answer to Dick's question "Where's My Post", the answer is "Where You Left It"
...unless of course one of the mods has deleted the duplicate post!

The screenshot below shows how to view your own threads

View attachment 82652
Thanks for answering. The question now, is not where it is. The instruction I received strighten that out. The question now is why are they not showing up in new post list?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Did the last post show up for you? It did for me.
If not, try refreshing your browser window

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Also...
look in What's New to see all posts including your own.
The similarly named New posts ONLY shows new posts you haven't looked at so by definition your posts won't be shown.
Confusing? In my opinion, yes.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
unless of course one of the mods has deleted the duplicate post!

I deleted a duplicate of this thread, haven't deleted any others recently:

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Also...
look in What's New to see all posts including your own.
The similarly named New posts ONLY shows new posts you haven't looked at so by definition your posts won't be shown.
Confusing? In my opinion, yes.
Yes, confusing. Old format I would post something and wait a few minutes and go to new post and there it was, so now it doesn't show and all this time I am thinking, well I did something wrong, and nobody has seen my question so I will not get an answer , so I better send it again. Very confusing. That's just like my new MotoZ4, It told me in a instructional video all the wonderful thing it could do. (99% which I will never use) How to dial a number, however that was too complicated to include in the video. It seems every time they make something better, it gets worse. Windows, and Access included.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I'm aware of at least one other access forum with a similar system (AccessForums.net)
I'm sure there is a good reason for this but it seems pointless to me
Anywy, try using What's New instead of New Posts and see if that fixes your problem

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I don't see that you posted your browser version. Perhaps you have a setting (e.g. tracking, cookies, or add-in) that is interfering. If using FF, what do you see just to the left of the address bar icons with respect to the shield? I have turned off "enhanced tracking" for this site. Don't know why I turned it off, but would have been long ago. I must have had performance issues otherwise I wouldn't think to bother.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time

Post 409:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Post 409:

Unfortunately the filters don't seem to 'stick'

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I'm aware of at least one other access forum with a similar system (AccessForums.net)
I'm sure there is a good reason for this but it seems pointless to me
Anywy, try using What's New instead of New Posts and see if that fixes your problem
Thanks for the tip will try it. I would hate to give up AWF but the fustration is getting to me.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I don't see that you posted your browser version. Perhaps you have a setting (e.g. tracking, cookies, or add-in) that is interfering. If using FF, what do you see just to the left of the address bar icons with respect to the shield? I have turned off "enhanced tracking" for this site. Don't know why I turned it off, but would have been long ago. I must have had performance issues otherwise I wouldn't think to bother.
Google Chrome

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom