Our new home - post your opinions here (1 Viewer)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:24
I feel similarly. There was another forum that did the same thing. They found they could add a "Today's Posts" next to "New Posts". The Today's button acted similarly to our previous behavior, where you would see recent threads, whether you had viewed/responded or not. Maybe this one has a similar option?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 17:24
Similar issues for me where I've read all the new posts in a lengthy thread such as this one, then decide to go back and reply to a specific post
As I've already read the posts, clicking Jump To New doesn't work.
So I have to click through the pages to find what I want which may be somewhere close to the end of the thread.
Now if I could choose Newest at the top (as used to be possible), it would be MUCH faster.

As it is, despite the many significant advantages of the new software, its taking me longer to navigate the site than before

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:24
Try one of the options under Watched Threads. I was wondering the same thing as you but I seem to recall that got me back something that I didn't participate in but had read. I don't remember which option it was, and maybe that's not the right answer because I don't know if "watched" means I visited the thread or if it means you have to "subscribe" to it.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Well I cnnot find this post https://www.access-programmers.co.u...yes-and-another-criteria.309177/#post-1665274 unless I search fr the word 'breakfast' which is why I mentioned it.
I just remembered something else. At the top left of the list is an option to switch from New to Unread. Does that help?
1580255362812.jpeg

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Try one of the options under Watched Threads. I was wondering the same thing as you but I seem to recall that got me back something that I didn't participate in but had read. I don't remember which option it was, and maybe that's not the right answer because I don't know if "watched" means I visited the thread or if it means you have to "subscribe" to it.
Watched appears to be if you have posted in the thread?, not just viewed it.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
It appears you can manually watch a thread when you are viewing it?
Personally I'd just like to see it where it was like vbulletin.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Hey @moke123, I like the auto-translate thing. That's pretty cool. We are now multilingual!

I think with regard to the functionality of the site, let me be so bold as to suggest that it will better to navigate too. Much of change is about finding out how things are done with the new platform. Remember that the developers designed vBulletin 3.8 and they have iterated on the design. I don't think they want to go backwards. Just hang in there until you find out the "new" way.

Can someone explain to me what is missing? I was out last night and having trouble catching up with all the posts!

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
As well as items mentioned previously, Thread Tools are missing as are items like Unanswered Posts, lists of top posters (day/week/month).

Can you post a few screenshots of the old layout to help clarify answers to that question.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I liked the List of Top Posters thing too, as did @Uncle Gizmo. I posted in the Xenforo asking about this last week, but I haven't got any replies.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Unanswered Posts...

1580303180274.png

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Ah sorry. I'd missed that.
The screenshot reminds me that a FAQ section would be a very good idea as time permits.
Remind me what was in the Communityand Quick Links dropdowns

Also can you open an old public thread and show the dropdowns above that...such as Thread Tools
Thanks

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Unanswered threads are also part of the filters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom