Our new home - post your opinions here (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:12
The preferences on Xenforo will be a different set to vBulletin. I advise to change the defaults that Xenforo sets if you want anything different.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Tony,
I do not think that is the case.? All mine are set, in fact I have not even touched them.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I do not think that is the case.? All mine are set, in fact I have not even touched them.

Hi Paul,
Are you confirming that some of your options are unchecked in the same manner they were on the original forum?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Ads all need tweaking and sorting. Bear with me, might take a few days.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
TBH I never played around much with the options in the old software. I set a signature. a strapline as Colin calls it and then an avatar and that was as much as I can remember. Then I created my ignore list, just before we moved.
I can confirm however that all the notification checkboxes in this software for me are checked, but I do not get any emails if an ignored member posts.

Edit:

I would point out that in Privacy, the default to view your profile page is All Visitors, as it is for a couple of others.?
I've just changed all mine to Members Only

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I do not get any emails if an ignored member posts.

I don't have anyone in my ignore list on AWF, well not yet anyway! My patience has been pushed to the Limit recently! Therefore I am unable to confirm the email situation regarding ignored members.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:12
Have you tried removing and adding one member afresh?
I will have to try that.
Jon, there is no option (button or link) that I can see on the ignore list page like there was before. It makes sense that you can (I think) simply click on their avatar in a post to do that, but to not be able to do it on the ignore page doesn't make sense. Now I have to find a post by 'youknowwho' just so I can re-establish the ignore to test Gasman's theory.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I blame the software developers.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:12
Well, a recent post made it easy to find...
As for the settings, I don't see anything that applies to the subject of emails from an ignored poster. Perhaps I can't see the connection between any of those settings and the subsequent email.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
One way to do it, would be to ignore me, then I will post when you confim I am ignored, then I will post again and see if you get an email?
Then it is up to you to take me off the list or not.? This software actually keeps the ignore list intact, just un-ignores them, which is also quite nice. You do not have to add them again.?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Ok, here is my post when Micron has me on his Ignore list.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I'm going to give you all a bit of a shock in a minute.

Edit: Hit a snag. Pending.

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Just upgraded the forums to the latest patch version. i hit snags - 503 errors. I was so worried the forums became corrupt! Phew, glad that is over. Fixed now.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Yesterday, 23:12
holy cow, Jon! what's with this darkness!? this looks like the Python IDE "Pycharm"! Are you going to keep things this way? Why did you do this?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Bottom left to change themes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom