Our new home - post your opinions here (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Yesterday, 23:29
hey Jon....I changed the theme, however, every time I log OUT, the theme changes back to dark. and then it remains that way until I log in again. when I visit the forum pages again after logging out and it turning dark on me, the darkness persists until I log back in, when it turns to default theme again. is this a bug?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:29
clearly draft cannot be seen by others on the basis that no one has responded.

For some reason my default style changed to 'shades of grey'. Don't know if this was the result of 'pocket mouse' or something else, but changed it back again. Option is bottom left of the window if others have accidentally done the same

Edit - see others are experienced the same problem

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
For some reason my default style changed to 'shades of grey'. Don't know if this was the result of 'pocket mouse' or something else, but changed it back again. Option is bottom left of the window if others have accidentally done the same

Edit - see others are experienced the same problem
I think that was due to Jon?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Themes - can confirm it is to do with logging out. I usually remain logged in so not experienced the issue until now. logged out, the theme changes to shades of grey. My concern is visitors who cannot log in - are they seeing this theme? it's not particularly easy to read.

As an addendum, it would appear if I remain logged in, but close the tab on the browser, email notifications are also received as 'shades of grey'.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Themes - can confirm it is to do with logging out. I usually remain logged in so not experienced the issue until now. logged out, the theme changes to shades of grey. My concern is visitors who cannot log in - are they seeing this theme? it's not particularly easy to read.

As an addendum, it would appear if I remain logged in, but close the tab on the browser, email notifications are also received as 'shades of grey'.
I have just received emails for your two posts, have not logged out and they are both 'shades of grey' :(

I can confirm that one sees shades of grey if logged out. Thankfully back to normal when logged in?
I would vote it is best to have the default theme for the site and let those who like dark themes select one when logged in?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
If you log out, there is no theme related cookie set to say who you are and what theme to display. That is the reason.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Yesterday, 23:29
If you log out, there is no theme related cookie set to say who you are and what theme to display. That is the reason.
does that mean there's nothing I can do about it?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
The default theme is now the light theme, so when you logout, you will get the light theme.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
The default theme is now the light theme, so when you logout, you will get the light theme.
Thanks Jon, that makes the emails easier to read, for me at least.?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Tweaked ads so bottom banner ad doesn't display unless at least 7 posts in the thread. Otherwise, I was getting L shaped ads in the first post, and that was just too much!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
OMG, we have 27 users on at once! Is that unusual or does that happen from time to time? Trying to work out if engagement has gone up.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:29
Jon, did you know that on some threads, replies from an ignored person show up but on others they don't and there's no option to show their reply? This thread is one of those where they don't. The other way is better IMHO. At least, that's the way it was yesterday. If I find that it's not how I just described it in the other ones today, I'll let you know.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Maybe its where you have participated in a thread that they show up? I don't know.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Ok, here is my post when Micron has me on his Ignore list.
TWIMC - I didn't get an email as a result. Maybe it depends on whether or not the thread started before or after the forum migration.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
@Jon Did you notice in the New Member welcome from Italy that the google translate kicked in? I dont ever recall that with the old site.
gt.JPG

Reactions: Jon

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Getting some weird behaviour here.?:confused:
I select New Posts, select a post to view, come out of that thread and look at another.
Then I decide to reply, but cannot locate it anymore.?

It is no longer a new post to me so I cannot use New Posts, it is not in my watch list as I have not posted in the thread so I cannot use Watched.?
I have always come to the forums via the New Post url and have never had to pay attention to what sub forum the threadis in.?

I managed to find one tonight as I remembered a word from the thread and searched for that. Search facility does appear to be a lot better than vbulletin BTW :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom