Our new home - post your opinions here (1 Viewer)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:30
like the save draft option, but not tried it yet

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
just tried to save my previous post as a draft but pressed the post reply button. if you save as draft and go away. The message is there when you return - but I can't determine if only I can see it - my next message I'll save as draft, them post another message - can others see the draft message?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
this is a drafto_O

Ah - if you save as draft, you can't add a new message to the thread until you delete it or post it - probably a good thing

I'll save another draft which will say 'this is another draft' - do others see it?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
this is a drafto_O

Ah - if you save as draft, you can't add a new message to the thread until you delete it or post it - probably a good thing

I'll save another draft which will say 'this is another draft' - do others see it?

This is the last one in the thread

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:30
Admittedly I only have one person on my ignore list, I but have not received any emails for anything that they have posted.?
I have what some might think a rather extensive list (maybe 10 or so names) what with not being as tolerant or altruistic as some. If you were called out for cross posting on 2 or more forums and didn't bother to acknowledge it I figure you'll do it again so you'll likely make the list. I don't have time to waste on your future problems that will likely be posted elsewhere as well. If you were sarcastic or rude towards me, why should I help you next time? You're on the list. OK, so that explains something about me and my list. Never have I received an email from anyone I've black listed until the new forum launched. Now I get email from posts made by you know who. I agree that if you just have to look (like rubber-neckers passing by a highway roadside wreck) it's now better than having to go to the list and remove them just to see one post.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I wonder what the difference might be? :eek:
Have you tried removing and adding one member afresh? perhaps not all the settings transferred correctly.? Strange :eek:

I also like the prompt 'Messages have been posted since you loaded this page. View them? ' that appears.
The number of times I have tested something to go on to post and found someone beat me to it, are too many to count. :)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 15:30
@Uncle Gizmo Maybe we need a proper code add-on. Perhaps we could test one.
the sql tags are OK Jon, but they don't color code at all, do they?
SQL:
select * from table where field = criteria
regardless though, VBA tags color code very well and it makes it very easy to follow someone else's work.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
What is the benefit of colour coding? Edit: Oops, just read your last bit.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I love them and look forward to them UG. Just not 350 of them in a weekend.

I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here, mostly because of my cryptic comment! I was inferring that I was on your ignore list!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Woah! Did you see that poll just magically appear in the right sidebar?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I did indeed. I want to ideally rotate or randomise the polls, but there isn't that feature. I am a great believer in asking people what they think and want, and then providing it!

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 15:30
I'd like to inject a bit of off-topic stuff here guys. This is probably the hottest thread on this forum! In 2 short days, we've managed to rack up 18 full pages of talk!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I love them and look forward to them UG. Just not 350 of them in a weekend.

I think I may have found what's causing your email issue. I'm making a lot of guesses, so I might not have this quite right. It appears to me that the "default" for the new forum is that you have all these preferences switched on!

I can't remember if I had any switched off, I suspect I must have, but now, they all appear to be switched on. I'm wondering if that's the same for you?

Has the changeover switched "ALL" the preferences "ON" by default? If that's the case you might want to set the preferences to your requirements you can access the preferences page here:-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom