Our new home - post your opinions here (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:06
I will look into it for you.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Wait, I'm in that list too! Woohoo!

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I do notice though that when you hit the Access World logo while using mobile that it takes people to the site homepage, rather than the forum homepage. I need to fix that.
That happens on the PC as well, which TBH is what I would expect?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Yes, it is typical site behaviour for a PC. But when I am using mobile, I just want to hit the logo and get taken to the forum index again, as that is super convenient.

I think because this site is completely forum-centric it will confuse people if I don't change that.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
That was from the old board. I am enquiring if we can get something similar for this board. I have about 10 outstanding posts over at Xenforo now, asking all sorts of things!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I've told them so many times already!

Honestly, I thought you might be disappointed when I switched over, since it is easy to become so familiar with something over the years.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Honestly, I thought you might be disappointed

Well, our natural default mechanism is to be dubious of Change! - Sometimes you need a leader to force it on you....

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Eat some of this new software then. It reminds me of primary school, where we had to put our hand up after having school dinner. There was this strict teacher who used to come around and tell you off for not eating your veg. "You've hidden the brussel sprouts! They are full of zinc, Vitamin D blah blah." it used to confuse me. No, terrify me!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
It reminds me of primary school, where we had to put our hand up after having school dinner.

My Primary School headmistress would come round and smack my hand because I had my fork in the wrong hand... I use both my spoon and fork in the left hand... I understand that normal people use a spoon in the right hand. I just don't understand this because the spoon is exactly the same as a fork in use.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Are you saying you can just use the SQL option as a solution?

I missed this post first time around Jon.

Yes, I'm saying the SQL option in the code selection does have some colourful elements and in my opinion is easier to read than plain black and white. You could ask if they do an option/addin for VBA code, but I've never found a direct formatter for VBA code on the internet so my guess is it's it won't be available...

What I did wonder is do you have any control over the setup? Could you make the SQL Code Selection the default? Obviously, others would have to agree, as in showing SQL might confuse some people...

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:06
What is different than before is that now you get email when someone you added to your ignore list posts something. That email contains the post you supposedly don't want to see. I'm 99.587% positive that was not the case before the switch.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
What is different than before is that now you get email when someone you added to your ignore list posts something. That email contains the post you supposedly don't want to see. I'm 99.587% positive that was not the case before the switch.
Admittedly I only have one person on my ignore list, I but have not received any emails for anything that they have posted.? :eek:
I know they have posted in threads I have posted in as well.?

I particular like the link that will allows you to look at ignored content, should the fancy take you. :)

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:06
I've been deleting emails by the dozen all weekend. I'm sure it'll die down after we all get used to our new toys.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Oh the temptation to look...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom