Access front end deployment (1 Viewer)

DocMaccoy

Local time
Today, 15:41
I have run into a problem recently that I have never seen. The latest Front end database manager I have been working on is linked to a MYSQL back end database. Usually I can make changes to the front end and then upload them to the computer(s) and the new file opens the back end data and runs fine. Last couiple of changes, even though the file runs fine in my environment, when I deploy it it wont open a document, or it wont open a new form. if I open the front end ( on the customer machine) and make a small insignificant change, and then save it, it runs fine, opens the document, opens the form.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Without seeing your setup or your code, it's hard to say why that is happening. Were you getting any error messages, at least? If so, what did they say?

DocMaccoy

Local time
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Without seeing your setup or your code, it's hard to say why that is happening. Were you getting any error messages, at least? If so, what did they say?
No errors. when I try and open the document, nothnig happens. when I try to open the new form, nothing happens. if i make a couple of insignificant changes, and save the changes, the front end works perfectly. this database front end is a couple of years old, this is a new problem that just started happening.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
No errors. when I try and open the document, nothnig happens. when I try to open the new form, nothing happens. if i make a couple of insignificant changes, and save the changes, the front end works perfectly. this database front end is a couple of years old, this is a new problem that just started happening.
By "changes," are you referring to design or data changes?

DocMaccoy

Local time
design changes. Ill open the document in design mode, make a text box slightly larger, then back to the original size, save it, and then the documents open fine after that. the new form issue was the same thing, open it in design mode, mode a subform over and back, save it, and now it works fine.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
design changes. Ill open the document in design mode, make a text box slightly larger, then back to the original size, save it, and then the documents open fine after that. the new form issue was the same thing, open it in design mode, mode a subform over and back, save it, and now it works fine.
Okay, no error messages doesn't mean no error happened. Do you know if you have error handlers or if you turned off the warnings? It's really hard to guess what's going on without being able to see it happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom