Union query updates (1 Viewer)

markdooler

Local time
Today, 11:51
Hi All

I have a union query that displays data as a dataset in a form.

When someone updates the data you have to refresh the query for the updates to show in the dataset.

When you use the 2 individual queries indipendantly and display the data as a dataset it updates automatically when a change is made.

Is there a way of getting the union query to auto update the data without having to requery?

Thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:51
Check your refresh interval settings and try to adjust it.

markdooler

Local time
Today, 11:51
Check your refresh interval settings and try to adjust it.
ok thanks.

This query also prompts input from the user so whenever we refresh they have to enter the data again, do you know of a way to save previously entered data?

so when they first run the query they enter their name and it filters to their data, when they refresh they have to enter their name again.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:51
ok thanks.

This query also prompts input from the user so whenever we refresh they have to enter the data again, do you know of a way to save previously entered data?

so when they first run the query they enter their name and it filters to their data, when they refresh they have to enter their name again.
One way would be is to use a form reference rather than a parameter prompt.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:51
I don't think a TempVar would work. How would it get set? Just add an unbound control to the form that opens the form and that solves the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom