Has America Imploded? (2 Viewers)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:28
The Maga Hat and other Trump paraphernalia will probably become contraband in the near future.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:28
Trump didn't incite violence, that whole notion is ridiculous. He specifically told them to go peacefully.
Yea, hours after the damage was done.

President Trump on Wednesday urged his supporters who laid siege to the Capitol to “go home in peace,” hours after they first forced their way into the building.
In a one-minute taped video released on social media, Trump urged his supporters to disperse. But he reiterated his false claims that his election defeat was “fraudulent,” which was the basis for the protest in the first place.

“You have to go home now. We have to have peace,” Trump said. “We have to have law and order. We have to respect our great people in law and order. We don’t want anybody hurt. This was a fraudulent election, but we can’t play into the hands of these people," he continued. "We have to have peace. So go home. We love you. You’re very special. You’ve seen what happens. You see the way others are treated that are so bad and so evil. I know how you feel. But go home and go home in peace."

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Banning Trump makes it harder for nations to criticize Russia and China for censoring their citizens. They will point to the USA and say they censored President Trump why can't we do it to our citizens? Buzz off!

BERLIN, Jan 11 (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel has reservations about the way President Donald Trump’s Twitter account was suspended, her spokesman said, adding that legislators, not private companies, should decide on any necessary curbs to free expression.

The intervention by Steffen Seibert, her chief spokesman, reflects concern in Berlin and much of Europe at the power giant social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook have to shape public discourse.

Merkel’s relations with Trump have been frosty during the his four years in office, making her apparent decision to side with him in his objections to being removed from the platform all the more striking.

Alexei Navalny “I think that the ban of Donald Trump on Twitter is an unacceptable act of censorship,” Navalny said in an 11 part Twitter thread. “Don’t tell me he was banned for violating Twitter rules. I get death threats here every day for many years, and Twitter doesn’t ban anyone (not that I ask for it).”

“Of course, Twitter is a private company,” Navalny continued “But we have seen many examples in Russian and China of such private companies becoming the state’s best friends and the enablers when it comes to censorship. The freedom fighter warned that authoritarian nations would look at the decision by Twitter and use it to justify similar crackdowns of dissenting voices in their own countries.

Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador blasted the decision to ban Trump from social media sites, adding that it was a “bad sign” that private companies have the authority to censor opinions.

“I don’t like anybody being censored or taking away from the right to post a message on Twitter or Facebook. I don’t agree with that, I don’t accept that,” Lopez Obrador said during a regular news conference on Friday.

“A court of censorship like the Inquisition to manage public opinion: this is really serious,” he said.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Banning Trump makes it harder for nations to criticize Russia and China for censoring their citizens. They will point to the USA and say they censored President Trump why can't we do it to our citizens? Buzz off!
Excellent post - Everyone who thinks it's OK what Twitter is doing should read and re-read that.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:28
Yea, hours after the damage was done.
It took Biden months to condemn the violence at the BLM riots.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Except Germany has much stricter laws
While America protects the right of neo-Nazis, white supremacists, the Ku Klux Klan, and other hate groups to hold public rallies and express their views openly, Germany has strict laws banning Nazi symbols and what’s called Volksverhetzungincitement of the people, or hate speech. Like more than a dozen European countries, Germany also has a law criminalizing Holocaust denial.

It took Biden months to condemn the violence at the BLM riots.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Here's an interesting graphic

geofence.jpg

This is from the scrape a hacker did of the entire Parler site on 1/6

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
If only we had a nickel for every time a liberal got on tv and said "go march here___ and make your voices heard, never stop fighting" and then a protest-turned-violent ensued, we'd be rich.

Totally normal quintessential American political rhetoric, said by politicians all the time--even prior to events that devolved into violence, like ... All summer long. Trump's was actually better, though, of course--because he actually TOLD them to be "peaceful" beforehand.

What a bunch of nutcases the Dem's are. Thank God their time will be limited to 2-4 years. I have to hand it to Republicans, though...they focused on judiciary, which is a gift that keeps on giving long after the temporary moodswings of the American people.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Another very troubling article and is further evidence that Biden and the Democrats are simply out for revenge and really have no interest in healing and/or unification. Forbes op-ed warns companies about hiring 'fabulists' from Trump administration. Democratic initiated pogrom soon to follow.

Canceling anyone who was associated with President Trump is not going to unite the country, Independent Women's Forum analyst Kelsey Bolar said Tuesday.

"This is just the latest example of cancel culture and the great purge that we’re seeing come from the left and never-Trump Republicans," Bolar told "Fox & Friends."

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:28
Regarding the fact check, it really does just confirm what I am saying.
Based on our research, the claim that President-elect Joe Biden condemned violence Jan. 6 but didn't condemn violent protests by BLM or antifa last summer is FALSE. From May to August, Biden made at least five statements condemning protest-related violence linked to anti-racist and anti-fascist demonstrations.

Five statements? That is a laughable effort on his part, considering the death and carnage of these protests.

Day after day, month after month there is violence, shootings, intimidation, arson, murder. Yet he barely mentions it. Meanwhile, Trump is constantly condemning the violence day after day. It was only when the optics started to look really bad for the election that he started upping the rhetoric on it. He wanted to keep a low profile on it all because he didn't want to alienate his protesting supporters. It is clear for anyone to see that, unless you want to bury your head in the sand.

So we have Trump multiple times per day, day after day for months on end, condemning the violence 100's or maybe even 1,000's of times vs Biden making a brief statement here and there, perhaps 5 or so times at a rate of once a month. Biden is a disgrace. His actions support violence at protests because he gives very sporadic token gestures, remaining largely silent.

Does it matter that Trump condemns it hours after it was done? I see that as a positive thing, unlike Mr Silent Biden. I don't see the left complaining that Trump delays by a few hours if he condemns yet another BLM riot.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Regarding the fact check, it really does just confirm what I am saying.

Five statements? That is a laughable effort on his part, considering the death and carnage of these protests.

Day after day, month after month there is violence, shootings, intimidation, arson, murder. Yet he barely mentions it. Meanwhile, Trump is constantly condemning the violence day after day. It was only when the optics started to look really bad for the election that he started upping the rhetoric on it. He wanted to keep a low profile on it all because he didn't want to alienate his protesting supporters. It is clear for anyone to see that, unless you want to bury your head in the sand.

So we have Trump multiple times per day, day after day for months, condemning the violence 100's or maybe even 1,000's of times vs Biden making a brief statement here and there, perhaps 5 or so times. Biden is a disgrace. His actions support violence at protests because he gives very sporadic token gestures, remaining largely silent.

Does it matter that Trump condemns it hours after it was done? I see that as a positive thing, unlike Mr Silent Biden.
And as long as he didn't fully condemn the FIRST ONE, then he's guilty. The rest don't even matter. They didn't start condemning them for a long time.

Reactions: Jon

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
The nation didn't censor Trump, a private corporation decided they didn't want him on their platform.

Just like we ban people on this forum at times.

As for the inciting violence issue, I was speaking of Parlor. Apparently the FBI reported credible threats of violence from that application on inauguration day. If the app want preventing that, I don't blame them for dropping them.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
looks like #3 is taking the lead.

And ...

Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the Republican leader, has told associates that he believes President Trump committed impeachable offenses and that he is pleased that Democrats are moving to impeach him, believing that it will make it easier to purge him from the party, according to people familiar with his thinking. The House is voting on Wednesday to formally charge Mr. Trump with inciting violence against the country.

D8ai_qjUwAEMsFs.jpg

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
The nation didn't censor Trump, a private corporation decided they didn't want him on their platform.
Everyone knows they are private corporation, except they act like Democrat contractors. Even some Democrats have issues with this type of unchecked centralized power.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Except you're not forced to use them. Nobody is.

I would hate to be forced to allow someone to use my app that I didn't want there. I think that starts just as dangerous of a precedent. So where do we find a balance? He can't say he didn't receive any warning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom