My first words here shall be 'Hello world' (1 Viewer)

sinavere

Local time
Today, 19:58
Or, even better: Hello AccessWorld :)

Many years ago my first encounter with programming was Python. 'Hello world!'
I fiddled with it a bit and really enjoyed it. Finally, something that made sense. Logic! :love:
My at-the-time-6-year-old daughter was the only one to ever enjoy my 'work'. I made her a programm for practizing her mathskills and dressed it up with Miffy encouraging or praising her.

I dreamed of making my living as a programmer so I signed up for computerclasses. The only class in my small town was a fulltime one, but because of my job I could only attend school one day a week. The rest had to be done at home, in the evenings. I was a single mom at the time and actually enjoyed having some purpose in my evenings. I learned a bit about C# and SQL. This was in 2009.

And then love happened. And pregnancy. I felt bad throughout the pregnancy and had to drop the classes.
Years passed by, two children were born and raised. My husband and I started a company that had nothing to do with programming whatsoever.
The company grew and grew and the web of excelfiles we used became a pain.
So I decided to give programming another chance. I wanted something that could deal with the messy excel structure we had and came across a video on YouTube about Access. I signed up for a few courses on Udemy and worked along, converting my data, setting up a user environment, adressing roles to certain employees and pretty much automating a great deal of work. I worked on it for about a year now, every time that I had no other chores to do, and that project is pretty much done now.

Since the regular job is done a lot quicker now thanks to Access, I want to give it a try to do the same for other companies. Make that dream come true to make my living with logic.
There is still so much more to learn for me. Most of what I have learned, I learned from forumposts here and around the net.
Since my questions are getting more complex, and the answers harder to find, it is about time I started posting instead of lurking.
So once more: Hello AccessWorld!

greetings from the Netherlands,
Simone

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:58
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 13:58
Quite a story Simone, thanks for sharing! Welcome aboard!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 10:58
Simone great story, beautiful thank you for sharing and a big welcome to AWF!

Devorde

Local time
Today, 13:58
Or, even better: Hello AccessWorld :)

Many years ago my first encounter with programming was Python. 'Hello world!'
I fiddled with it a bit and really enjoyed it. Finally, something that made sense. Logic! :love:
My at-the-time-6-year-old daughter was the only one to ever enjoy my 'work'. I made her a programm for practizing her mathskills and dressed it up with Miffy encouraging or praising her.

I dreamed of making my living as a programmer so I signed up for computerclasses. The only class in my small town was a fulltime one, but because of my job I could only attend school one day a week. The rest had to be done at home, in the evenings. I was a single mom at the time and actually enjoyed having some purpose in my evenings. I learned a bit about C# and SQL. This was in 2009.

And then love happened. And pregnancy. I felt bad throughout the pregnancy and had to drop the classes.
Years passed by, two children were born and raised. My husband and I started a company that had nothing to do with programming whatsoever.
The company grew and grew and the web of excelfiles we used became a pain.
So I decided to give programming another chance. I wanted something that could deal with the messy excel structure we had and came across a video on YouTube about Access. I signed up for a few courses on Udemy and worked along, converting my data, setting up a user environment, adressing roles to certain employees and pretty much automating a great deal of work. I worked on it for about a year now, every time that I had no other chores to do, and that project is pretty much done now.

Since the regular job is done a lot quicker now thanks to Access, I want to give it a try to do the same for other companies. Make that dream come true to make my living with logic.
There is still so much more to learn for me. Most of what I have learned, I learned from forumposts here and around the net.
Since my questions are getting more complex, and the answers harder to find, it is about time I started posting instead of lurking.
So once more: Hello AccessWorld!

greetings from the Netherlands,
Simone
My instructor said the first macro should always be "Hello World" so I used that for my intro to (changed it to Hello Access World). That's so funny!

Welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom