want to come to an online user group meeting? (1 Viewer)

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:09
beginning developers will understand, but this won't be a basic presentation

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 19:09
Do you mean it's going to be 2:30 a.m. tonight? Because if so, I shall be in bed!
It would be 02:30 the following day, for here in the UK. May be that Friday 01:30 UTC they mention, as I did not take into account our Summer time.?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 12:09
Why is it that Unicode is one of those strange subjects where any time it comes up, about a dozen people want to chime in to prove they know what it "really means" - complete with their own analogies, including but not limited to, analogies about Fences and even biological DNA. Sorry, I have an odd sense of humor - and that never ceases to amuse me.

Honestly it was good - I showed up to half of it but had to drop off for a family reason - but I enjoyed the content, Unicode and all ;)

Thanks to the hosts.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
@Gasman , UTC is 1:30 am ... so 2:30 am in London, right? I know it's late! ... that's why there will be a creative way to do @isladogs part ;)

@Uncle Gizmo PM me your skype name and I'll send you a chat message just before the meeting. If you can't get connected, let me know and we'll try to resolve it. If you're not in bed, that is ... well maybe you won't be able to sleep, missing such an exciting presentation (wink)

@Isaac thank you! Glad you liked it.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Ha!
Of course, if it had been a JPG with full EXIF data, it would have been possible to find out exactly where it was taken as well.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Ha!
Of course, if it had been a JPG with full EXIF data, it would have been possible o find out exactly where it was taken as well.

I hope that statement is only true IF the user has chosen to allow their camera to save location data, right?
Because I seem to have that option on my phone's camera - and occasionally exercise it (yes, no, whichever) - but it would be weird to find out that somehow it was possible to know where it was taken without regard to the setting.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Very easy for you to find out for yourself...but do read my previous statement again carefully

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
that was such a fun meeting! Thanks, @isladogs - fantastic presentation. It was wonderful to see you in the middle of your night, @Uncle Gizmo. I'm doing this video next and will post a link when the recording is ready.

@Isaac I'll do the Tuesday video next but probably can't get to it for a week or 2.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
that was such a fun meeting! Thanks, @isladogs - fantastic presentation. It was wonderful to see you in the middle of your night, @Uncle Gizmo. I'm doing this video next and will post a link when the recording is ready.

@Isaac I'll do the Tuesday video next but probably can't get to it for a week or 2.

Thanks for doing so many things that help others. Much appreciated.
@isladogs I'll have to watch the video to see your prez - thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom