VBA Code to email (outlook) - Fine in 2016(32bit) / Broken in 365(64bit) (1 Viewer)

Dave1975

Local time
Today, 12:30
Have you tried
.Display
.Send ?
doesnt move to the .send command until the .display is dealt with - then errors. guessed it would but happy to try just about anything.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
doesnt move to the .send command until the .display is dealt with - then errors. guessed it would but happy to try just about anything.
Yes, I have only ever used one or the other in the past.
There used to be a warning that a program was trying to send an email from Outlook, and I cannot remember what I had to do to get past it now? :(
Just wondering if that sort of setting has been applied in someway with the upgrades, so athough you can send from Outlook manually, it is preventing the automated option?

Dave1975

Local time
Yes, I have only ever used one or the other in the past.
There used to be a warning that a program was trying to send an email from Outlook, and I cannot remember what I had to do to get past it now? :(
Just wondering if that sort of setting has been applied in someway with the upgrades, so athough you can send from Outlook manually, it is preventing the automated option?
because we are using 365 i am now trying to circumvent their security settings aorund outlook by using CDO. not hopeful at present.
looks more and more like its my IT security not enabled automation in outlook in windows 10 even though they allowed it in windows 7

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:30
because we are using 365 i am now trying to circumvent their security settings aorund outlook by using CDO. not hopeful at present.
looks more and more like its my IT security not enabled automation in outlook in windows 10 even though they allowed it in windows 7
Good luck and let us know how that goes.

Dave1975

Local time
Looking 99% percent positive its our security systems. My simple question started an avalanche of complaints against IT (whoops) - need to find the time to see if i can a. circumvent outook or b. convince IT to reverse their crazy decision.

Dave1975

Local time
thank you all for your help though - should this ever get resovled i have a multitude of code options for this.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Looking 99% percent positive its our security systems. My simple question started an avalanche of complaints against IT (whoops) - need to find the time to see if i can a. circumvent outook or b. convince IT to reverse their crazy decision.
I remember one place I worked, the IT people stopped us using some option, that only took one click or two? Nothing bad about this option really, and we needed to use it. but nope, has to stop.
We could still effectively carry out this option, it just took us about ten clicks to do it, by a longer method. :)

RogerCooper

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:30
Have you tried using Access's direct e-mail capability using DoCmd.SendObject? This requires a manual confirmation which can be dealt with by using ClickYes Pro or an Auto Hot Key script.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom