Solved Bar at the bottom of the screen (1 Viewer)

cbabi2

Local time
Today, 09:19
Hi guys,

what is the name of the bar at the bottom of the screen before the status bar and how can I hide it when opening forms or report

Thanks

1637841639439.png

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 16:19
Navigation buttons.
Go to design view and set the property to No in the form property sheet

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:19
it is the "horizontal scrollbar" of the form.

cbabi2

Local time
Navigation buttons.
Go to design view and set the property to No in the form property sheet
Thanks , I get to hide it on the form... I have this report which is default to show as page preview, I also want to hide its navigation buttons but I cannot find the navigation buttons property in report property sheet.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Well if you are going to show Print Preview, you need the page buttons to view the pages surely? :unsure:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:19
There are two ways to view a report. Print Preview and Report View. Print Preview is like a paper copy. There is no interaction with the user. Buttons are not active so you need the navigation bar to go from page to page.. The other view is more like a web page and it does support buttons and other types of code. HOWEVER, it does NOT paginate so it does not run any page break code and you would NOT be able to use your own buttons unless you are willing to write the code to paginate yourself. Not that hard but you won't find any examples unless you have an old COBOL textbook.

Why don't you just use a form and be done with it? You can make the form not updateable.

cbabi2

Local time
There are two ways to view a report. Print Preview and Report View. Print Preview is like a paper copy. There is no interaction with the user. Buttons are not active so you need the navigation bar to go from page to page.. The other view is more like a web page and it does support buttons and other types of code. HOWEVER, it does NOT paginate so it does not run any page break code and you would NOT be able to use your own buttons unless you are willing to write the code to paginate yourself. Not that hard but you won't find any examples unless you have an old COBOL textbook.

Why don't you just use a form and be done with it? You can make the form not updateable.
Thanks for the response Pat, is it possible to show a non-continuous report in a form which can navigate the pages through a command button?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You can do whatever you want. The problem is that if you want to control the pagination, YOU need to write the code to do so. That means counting the records in the recordset. Selecting only x records at a time and keeping track of the beginning PK on the page (so you can go backwards one page) as well as the ending PK (so you can go forward one page). This only works if you have a unique PK and the data is sorted by that PK. Otherwise, it becomes a bigger problem and you have to work with a recordset in memory.

I don't have sample code unless you want COBOL and I don't write code that I would never use again just to replace something that Access does for me for free.

WHY does this have to be a report? A form will work for you with button code you can easily find posted here.

You might be able to adapt one of these but the problem is that they scroll record by record rather than page by page.

cbabi2

Local time
I created a subform bounded to the main table and formatted the the report looks like (contineous)... but on these subform I to show only a certain numbers of records and the remaining will be on the next page and these pages can be navigated in a control button on the form. I also want this subform locked for editing. Thanks for the replies

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Set the AllowEdits, AllowDeletions, AllowAdditions properties to No

cbabi2

Local time
Set the AllowEdits, AllowDeletions, AllowAdditions properties to No
Thanks my subform is now locked for editing, the subform was still in continuous form...how can I make the subform comes in pages? I am planning to add a control button on the main form to navigate the pages on the subform if I am able to break it.

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Change the form's default view property, this can be accessed via design view

cbabi2

Local time
I have tried to cahnge the view property but theres no option for page preview only datbase view, split, continuous and single

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I have tried to cahnge the view property but theres no option for page preview only datbase view, split, continuous and single
Forms do not have pages?
You would likely need to move x records forward back, depending on how many are displayed.?
Then you would also need to test if you cannot move forward/back x number of records.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
how can I move and test them?

Code:
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRecordsGoToLast
    DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, Me.Name, acPrevious, 5 ' Needed for a continuous form as only last record shows.
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRecordsGoToLast

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Gasman did the search for you. Looks like the gotorecord has an offset parameter that should do what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom