Popup in background? (1 Viewer)

mounty76

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:24
Hi All,

Just wanted to know if there was a way for a popup form to remain in the background when opening other forms? Or maybe a different way to do what I want to achieve.

When you open a popup form and maximise the form onload it takes up the whole screen so there is no menus or anything except the form.......I'd like all my forms to be like this when they load.

Is there a way to have a popup form be in the foreground of another popup form....or is there VBA to make the form fill the whole screen like when maximising a popup?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 22:24
See if my example app helps

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
If you only use popup forms, then you'll get what you're asking for. Each popup form will show up on top of the previous popup.

mounty76

Registered User.
Local time
Is there some simple code that I can use so that when I minimise a popup form it also minimise access program at the same time? I still want to use the MS access minimise button to do it so not sure how I'd add code to do this as there is effectively no button and its not onload, on exit etc..

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Is there some simple code that I can use so that when I minimise a popup form it also minimise access program at the same time? I still want to use the MS access minimise button to do it so not sure how I'd add code to do this as there is effectively no button and its not onload, on exit etc..
I think there's an API for that.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Look at my example app

Babycat

Local time
Tomorrow, 05:24
Look at my example app
Hi Isladogs,

I tried your examples, they are useful. However, I found a little bug, when close your access program by right-click on access icon on taskbar (select close window), it no longer can open the example again, unless completely stop access by task manager.
It seems the access application is still there but it was hidden.
Can you fix that?

Should you call DoCmd.Quit in "frmstart" unload event?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi @Babycat
Ah yes.
Nobody had montioned that issue in the 5 years since I first posted the app!
To be honest, It had never occurred to me that anyone would do that.

You may be the first person to do so ... but I agree its a bug & needed fixing

I have now fixed that issue with v362 (which also now includes a custom splash form at startup)
The latest version is now available on my website and attached to this post

It was rather more complicated to fix than your suggestion
Adding Application.Quit to the Form_Unload event of each form (and similarly for the report) solves that specific issue
However, it created another issue whenever I want to close a form to open another.
So I had to use a boolean variable blnContinue to deal with that issue in each procedure where forms/reports are closed

An alternative would be to just minimise forms instead of closing them ...but I don't do that as it can lead to display issues

Attachments

• CAI_v362.zip
    456 KB · Views: 85

Babycat

Local time
Tomorrow, 05:24
Hi @isladogs

Yes, In fact I have same idea and I already added a global flag to determine when we should call application.Quit on form unload (or form close).
My particular app, I dont have many form, so it is easy to manage this flag.

btw: Is there any thread on this site which is mainly about your CAI? So that we can ask, contribute and report issue if any...

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
A site search would have led you to my thread in Sample Databases

However, like all of the older threads in the area, its normally locked
Its also only updated periodically whereas the web page is always up to date

Suggest you contact me by private message or email if you have any specific to discuss.
There is a contact form on each page of my website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom