Show Tables in query design not working (1 Viewer)

LarryE

Local time
Today, 06:49
Hi,
For this particular database, in query design mode I right click to bring up the menu, the click on "Show Tables" and nothing happens...no sign of the list of tables that normally appear to the right. This has only recently occurred...Could I have changed something in File..Options? Thanks Bob
You should be getting a window that looks like this when you right-click and select the Add Table option in query design mode. Are you getting this window?
And make sure you select the correct tab. Make sure the Tables tab is selected.
1654698420855.png

Bobp3114

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:49
I doubt it, but could it be hidden off the screen somewhere? Do you have scroll bars on the form when that happens?
It is supposed to be there on A2010, I presume?
Has been there in use for years, but disappeared recently

Bobp3114

Local time
I don't recall your answer to the number of monitors you use. Also, what size and resolution the monitor(s) would be.

However, there can be issues with large monitors and dual monitors. Access isn't designed to handle the large high-resolution monitors common these days. So, if you have multiple monitors, one thing to try would be to unplug all but the main monitor to troubleshoot.
Single desktop computer..connects to laptop for conferences etc, Database is transferred via a shared folder but generally I use only the desktop. Monitor is 9 years old and set at makers resolution

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Single desktop computer..connects to laptop for conferences etc, Database is transferred via a shared folder but generally I use only the desktop. Monitor is 9 years old and set at makers resolution
The monitor is set at maker's resolution which would be, what in a 9 year old monitor, say 1280 x 1024 or something like that?

In any event, with a single monitor, probably not the culprit.

We could consider some other wild ideas, such as changing from tabbed windows to overlapping windows or vice versa, whichever way you have it set now.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
BTW: Can you also clarify something else for us?

In post #3 there is a screenshot. It shows the MS 365 Ribbon, but the text says, "I am using Access 2010". Which is it?

Bobp3114

Local time
BTW: Can you also clarify something else for us?

In post #3 there is a screenshot. It shows the MS 365 Ribbon, but the text says, "I am using Access 2010". Which is it?
Well! I have MS 365 of course, but I bought and installed separately the Access2010 when I first purchased the computer, so I figured that in developing it would still e 2010. How can I tell otherwise?

Bobp3114

Local time
The monitor is set at maker's resolution which would be, what in a 9 year old monitor, say 1280 x 1024 or something like that?

In any event, with a single monitor, probably not the culprit.

We could consider some other wild ideas, such as changing from tabbed windows to overlapping windows or vice versa, whichever way you have it set now.
Tried all this...no good. Is there some way I could have changed a setting in Options that could do this. I have been looking into security etc

Slap

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:49
Maybe try this in vba

Code:
Call DoCmd.SelectObject(acTable, , True)

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Well! I have MS 365 of course, but I bought and installed separately the Access2010 when I first purchased the computer, so I figured that in developing it would still e 2010. How can I tell otherwise?
The accdb itself doesn't change with the version in which it's being used. Well, that's probably an oversimplification in the sense that later versions can have features not available in older versions. So, if you change the accdb using the later version and include those features, the accdb could be "altered" in that sense. I'm thinking of support for Large Numbers or DateTime2, for example, for linked tables.
1654780066083.png

These options refer only to accdbs linked to server databases like SQL Server, but that is kind of the big picture.

It's probably more accurate, if a bit pedantic, to say that "this accdb was created using A2010, now running under MS365" to convey the full situation.

That said, I was mostly curious because this is such an out-of-the-ordinary problem.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Tried all this...no good. Is there some way I could have changed a setting in Options that could do this. I have been looking into security etc
If anyone knew of such a setting, I'm pretty sure it would have been suggested.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
If anyone knew of such a setting, I'm pretty sure it would have been suggested.
What happens if you create a new accdb and import all of the objects from this bad one into that new one

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Has been there in use for years, but disappeared recently

I didn't mean that. I meant could it have been positioned on a virtual screen somewhere off the visible screen. I doubt it, but it happens to me with some forms (other than system forms) occasionally. The add forms window is not locked in position, so I think it could be moved. I can certainly move it so it's barely visible.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
So how can I bring it on screen?
If it WAS that causing it, you would most likely see scroll bars either at the right or bottom of the screen and you could scroll to the hidden region. If you don't see scroll bars, it's unlikely to be the cause. That was what I meant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom