Imus (1 Viewer)

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 08:47
I don't argue with what the fella said was offensive - and what happens to him I don't care - he does deserve everything he gets.

But I saw an interview with one of the team , who was saying she had been scarred for life by the experience - all I can say is either basketball a game for wimps or she is overplaying the situation for her whatever reasons (compo claim).

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 08:47
I didn't take it that way:)

The glorious health and safety executive here changed the rules for CORGI membership here to European standards, do you think I can work anywhere in the EU, can I F*%£, the whole thing is a con, the same as our membership of the EU:mad:

I would go near a limited company, the reason they're limited in the first place (aside from the tax advantage) is to limit their personal liability in case anything goes wrong.

And CORGI members have to be re-examined every 5yrs to prove their competence and at their own cost, as for the water industry, that too is regulated, did you know that every bathroom now fitted has to be "notified" and comply with a plethora of red tape?

glad you didn't take it personal like

the sister in law is a nurse and techincially she can work in any EU country (now) as she is Polish - bless her, she went to live in Norway- duh outside of the EU and had to re-train

THe EU has the potential to be something good - but has been bogged downed by red tape as you mention - ideally what it should of been is (example and made up) if Holland had the best recycleing system then other countries should aim to this bench mark , If france had the best hositals etc , german the best roads ,

but in practice each country has evolved over many centries to a system that works for them , take Electricity for example ideally we would all be onth e voltage, but we are not the UK has 3 pin plugs Europe 2 pin plugs
I think spain has a diiferent voltage to france- who should change and who will pick up the cost .

If we took plastic bottels and recycling why don't we all use 1 type of plastic only and have this recycled , well the french prefer 1 type and the brits another (Sorry france for picking you could of been any country) who changes THe french will say we have to and the Brits say the French should

EU has got bogged down with some daft ideas - straight bannanas, "Cheese " theres another nightmare Brie, cheddar,silton, all are up for some degree of arguement
never mind a bakewell tart (type of sweet pie)

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:47
But I saw an interview with one of the team , who was saying she had been scarred for life by the experience - all I can say is either basketball a game for wimps or she is overplaying the situation for her whatever reasons.
And therein lies the problem. I DON'T care what he called you...suck it up and go on with your life. I've been called some interesting things in my lifetime but I'm not "scarred", I've grown and become stronger from the experience. I'm telling you, we're raising a generation of whiners that are going to accomplish little more than picket lines and reality TV...

...and yes, basketball is a game for wimps :D

KenHigg

Local time

I think you meant soccer is the whimp game - :confused: :eek: :p

(Side note: Why is today's google logo pitching Yuri Gagarin? Did he do something special today in history?)

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:47
I'm telling you, we're raising a generation of whiners that are going to accomplish little more than picket lines and reality TV...

I disagree, I think we're raising a generation of opportunists who want to make a buck no matter what the cost. I think they are a lot smarter, not in a nice sense, than you give them credit for.

KenHigg

Local time
Can't agree with that, The EU was sold to the British public as a common trading partnership, who changed it and why?:mad:

Seems like another layer of useless government-do-nothing from the liberals...:rolleyes:

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
I disagree, I think we're raising a generation of opportunists who want to make a buck no matter what the cost. I think they are a lot smarter, not in a nice sense, than you give them credit for.
That, of course, is the other way to look at it, but I always hoped that the error was in the parenting, not the corruption of the offspring.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 16:47

most American games are based on what our schoolchildren play, even your American football is based on rugby.
NASCAR goes round and round in circles -thats because the complexities of turning right and left can be too confusing for American drivers.

Is there any truly American sport? or are they all stolen from elsewhere

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom