Summer Solstace (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 19:36
Well, tomorrow (Saturday) is the longest day.

Big solstace celebrations at Stonehenge, a real Pagan / Druid bash.

Sod this worshipping a make believe God - tomorrow is the time to worship something that actually does have a bearing on life - the sun, without it we're sunk. Unlike the christian make believe religion which means basically nothing whichever way you take it.

Col

M

Mike375

Col,

This religious stuff really seems to burn you up.:)

It won't go away.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Col,

This religious stuff really seems to burn you up.:)

It won't go away.

I'm annoyed I didn't think of it. It's one of the greatest con-tricks of all time.

Can you imagine it? You go around saying there's this almighty god and if you don't believe you burn in hell when you die and if you do believe you go to a heaven when you die.
People give you money for free and nobody can prove or disprove the theory, that's why American evengelists are multi-millionaires, they prolong the con and make a killing out of it.

It's perfect.

Col

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 11:36
Well, tomorrow (Saturday) is the longest day.

Big solstace celebrations at Stonehenge, a real Pagan / Druid bash.

Sod this worshipping a make believe God - tomorrow is the time to worship something that actually does have a bearing on life - the sun, without it we're sunk. Unlike the christian make believe religion which means basically nothing whichever way you take it.

Col

Everyone needs something to believe in.

We celebrate the natural world not just because it is trendy to be green or politically correct to finally pay attention to the planet we call home. If we respect nature it will in turn respect us. Sadly people still want to treat the earth like a garbage dump which is unfair for the future generations. They do not inherit the world from us, we are mearly borrowing it from them, so we owe it to them to return it in better condition then when we got it.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
They do not inherit the world from us, we are mearly borrowing it from them, so we owe it to them to return it in better condition then when we got it.

Oh please! - Do you think the USA, China, India etc. go along with that fantasy? If so, you're in cloud cuckoo land. Mankind will destroy this earth maybe sooner rather than later.

I would hate to bring children into this hell hole.

Col

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Oh please! - Do you think the USA, China, India etc. go along with that fantasy? If so, you're in cloud cuckoo land. Mankind will destroy this earth maybe sooner rather than later.

I would hate to bring children into this hell hole.

Col

Well some of have already brought children into this world and feel responsible to give it back to them in better condition then how we got it AND instill the same principal into their conscience to be passed along to next generations. No I can not save the entire world but I have and will continue to try to improve our little section of paradise...

So what solution do you suggest Col?
Everyone give up, cope with the earth dieing and keep on in the same self destructive path?
Or just pull the plug and just get it over with :eek:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
So what solution do you suggest Col?
Everyone give up, cope with the earth dieing and keep on in the same self destructive path?
Or just pull the plug and just get it over with :eek:

As long as there is big money to be made in draining the earth of it's resources the pathetic little amount we do to save paper and plastic is useless.

Money will be the dictator.

If the USA accepted the Kyoto agreement it might help. But it seems Bush is not aware of any environmental problems.

I'm not giving up anything to 'save the planet' - personally, I don't give a toss what happens when I die, I've worked hard to get what I have and I'm not losing anything now. I do my bit and recycle but thats it.

Once the USA, China and India et al, accept there is a problem (if there even is one) then I may reconsider.

Why post a picture of a wrecked boat? I'm unclear as to the link there.

Col

statsman

Local time
Today, 14:36
Once the USA, China and India et al, accept there is a problem (if there even is one) then I may reconsider.

Why post a picture of a wrecked boat? I'm unclear as to the link there.

Col

Probably for the same reason you have a picture of a wrecked motorcycle as your avitar.

Fifty2one has shared with you a photo of an idylic setting in Eastern Ontario. Pity you can't enjoy it.

Perhaps you should change your user name to "Grinch" :D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Probably for the same reason you have a picture of a wrecked motorcycle as your avitar.

It is at the moment, the exhaust has gone, it sounds like a tank.

Fifty2one has shared with you a photo of an idylic setting in Eastern Ontario. Pity you can't enjoy it.
I couldn't see the link - we have scenes like this all over the UK countryside.

Perhaps you should change your user name to "Grinch" :D

I'm not familiar with 'Grinch':confused: What does it mean?

Col

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
I'm annoyed I didn't think of it. It's one of the greatest con-tricks of all time.

Can you imagine it? You go around saying there's this almighty god and if you don't believe you burn in hell when you die and if you do believe you go to a heaven when you die.
People give you money for free and nobody can prove or disprove the theory, that's why American evengelists are multi-millionaires, they prolong the con and make a killing out of it.

It's perfect.

Col

Yea, this con-artist and His 12 followers really do fit your discription. They all believed what they were teaching so much, that everyone of them died a martyr's death. None of them had homes. None of them had money. Few clothing. Depended upon others for what shelter and clothing they could occasionally come up with. Sounds just like what they would teach their followers to do. Con people out of money, so they could live rich lives.:rolleyes:

R

Rich

Yea, this con-artist and His 12 followers really do fit your discription. They all believed what they were teaching so much, that everyone of them died a martyr's death. None of them had homes. None of them had money. Few clothing. Depended upon others for what shelter and clothing they could occasionally come up with. Sounds just like what they would teach their followers to do. Con people out of money, so they could live rich lives.:rolleyes:

Didn't the perpetrators of 9/11 die as martyr’s too in some eyes?

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Didn't the "12 followers"?:confused:

Die by choice? No! One died by being thrown off of a temple roof, one was crucified upside down, one ran through with a sword or spear; one beheaded and etc. Also, none of them took any other persons life while they themselves died. Your making a pretty sad comparison between someone who dies due to the faith they have in their beliefs and someone who is a zealot for what they believe to the point of being a terrorist (not a martyr) and taking as many peoples lives as they can due to their belief. (BTW--I can already predict either your or Col's response to this part:)

*Remember the topic was about Christianity, the con job that it is, and wishing Col had been the one to come up with the con. The topic is not about Muslims, nor it's origin as a con job.;)

Last edited:
R

Rich

Die by choice? No! One died by being thrown off of a temple roof, one was crucified upside down, one ran through with a sword or spear; one beheaded and etc. Also, none of them took any other persons life while they themselves died. Your making a pretty sad comparison between someone who dies due to the faith they have in their beliefs and someone who is a zealot for what they believe to the point of being a terrorist (not a martyr) and taking as many peoples lives as they can due to their belief. (BTW--I can already predict either your or Col's response to this part:)

*Remember the topic was about Christianity, the con job that it is, and wishing Col had been the one to come up with the con. The topic is not about Muslims, nor it's origin as a con job.;)

Look up Bobby Sands and come back with the same arguments, and you're missing my point, imagine you're a Muslim in 2,000 years. Search for some of those Muslims today who have been killed in the American quest for "justice"

statsman

Local time
Today, 14:36
I couldn't see the link - we have scenes like this all over the UK countryside.Col

Pity fifty didn't wait a few weeks til the leaves were on the trees and he was pulling out fish you can actually eat.

I'm not familiar with 'Grinch':confused: What does it mean?

It is a reference to a children's book by Dr. Seuss.
Think of Scrooge, only worse. :D

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
I think Colin was referring to modern pastors who certainly don't live in poverty.

I was always taught that St John did not die a martyr's death. The conventional view is that he died of old age on the island of Patmos after writing the Book of "Revalation". But perhaps you know better.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

I was referring to the general idea of the con - I didn't say I would execute it exactly how those fairy tale losers did.

The art of a con is to make money and sting people - and religion is a belter.

Col

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
I think Colin was referring to modern pastors who certainly don't live in poverty.

I was always taught that St John did not die a martyr's death. The conventional view is that he died of old age on the island of Patmos after writing the Book of "Revalation". But perhaps you know better.

True, Rabbie, but he also was only exiled to the Isle of Patmos after he was put into a pot of boiling oil but was not consumed, so I guess he would be put into the category of attempted martyr.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom