iPad sucks for PC users (1 Viewer)

chergh

blah
Local time
Today, 06:26
yada, yada, Apple bash bandwagon, yawn.....:p

Typical mac fanboi, accuse anyone not worshipping at the altar of Jobs of being an apple basher.

Seriously though what is the point of the ipad?

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 01:26
I think I bought it more out of curiosty than anything else and I rarely spend money on toys :(

My Review - Don't expect it to replace a laptop. The apps that they do have do not have many features which translate into short learning curve but most of what they do have is very good. Somebody else said it is better for content consumption and not very good for creating anything...

Pros (to date): No boot time. Click and it's on. Which translates to a pretty good internet experience, for me anyway, and excellent ibooks, itunes w/podcasts, intunes university, etc. All of this is real quick, easy intuitive, yada yada.... Some cool games but probably not for hard core gammers. Best so far is I come home from work pick it up off of the kitchen table and in 2 or three clicks I'm in my easy chair deleteing yahoo spam and Bashing Bob here on the forum... (just kiddin :) ) Oh yeah, and the battery life is real good...

Cons: No file system, etc. Only way to files, etc that I've seen is going through an app... No flash, which I can sort of understand. Hate that you can't really draw on the screen very well which is a result of the screen technology I guess...

I think it's an entirely new type device that just happens to do a few things that you can do on a pc. I'm waiting for an opportunity to see if note taking in meetings, etc is going to be acceptable. And mine is wifi which just happens to ba all I need at work and at home...

Edit: Oh yeah, no multi-tasking. Which is less important if you're not really creating / doing anything :p

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
I think I bought it more out of curiosty than anything else and I rarely spend money on toys :(

My Review - Don't expect it to replace a laptop. The apps that they do have do not have many features which translate into short learning curve but most of what they do have is very good. Somebody else said it is better for content consumption and not very good for creating anything...

Pros (to date): No boot time. Click and it's on. Which translates to a pretty good internet experience, for me anyway, and excellent ibooks, itunes w/podcasts, intunes university, etc. All of this is real quick, easy intuitive, yada yada.... Some cool games but probably not for hard core gammers. Best so far is I come home from work pick it up off of the kitchen table and in 2 or three clicks I'm in my easy chair deleteing yahoo spam and Bashing Bob here on the forum... (just kiddin :) ) Oh yeah, and the battery life is real good...

Cons: No file system, etc. Only way to files, etc that I've seen is going through an app... No flash, which I can sort of understand. Hate that you can't really draw on the screen very well which is a result of the screen technology I guess...

I think it's an entirely new type device that just happens to do a few things that you can do on a pc. I'm waiting for an opportunity to see if note taking in meetings, etc is going to be acceptable. And mine is wifi which just happens to ba all I need at work and at home...

Edit: Oh yeah, no multi-tasking. Which is less important if you're not really creating / doing anything :p

That's the whole point. I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad product. I'm saying it's not worth the price tag when I can get something with many more features for far less.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 00:26
That's the whole point. I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad product. I'm saying it's not worth the price tag when I can get something with many more features for far less.

I've noticed a trend here in your posts.... people eventually get back around to your opinion and you are stuck saying "Hey, that's what I said!"

Kryst, that's been my point the entire time. Again, it's clear Bob has no intention of responding to these antics, not matter how far they go. Spreading it to the main parts of the forum only damages the forum.

You must be getting frustrated...:p

Vassago

Local time
I've noticed a trend here in your posts.... people eventually get back around to your opinion and you are stuck saying "Hey, that's what I said!"

You must be getting frustrated...:p

No, but now that you point it out, I may be flattered that you seem to be stalking me... :p :cool:

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 00:26
Hey, who wouldn't? I mean, I don't know how to put this, but, I'm kind of a big deal... :D :p

You know, funny you say that, because it seemed to me as if other people are getting credit for your ideas.... It's almost as if you are invisible :eek:

Vassago

Local time
You know, funny you say that, because it seemed to me as if other people are getting credit for your ideas.... It's almost as if you are invisible :eek:

That's because I'm a ninja. :cool:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 22:26
That's because I'm a ninja. :cool:

That IS cool - I didn't know you were a motorcycle :D

Attachments

• Kawasaki_Ninja_ZX_14_2009_Motorcycle.jpg
    Kawasaki_Ninja_ZX_14_2009_Motorcycle.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 539

Vassago

Local time
That IS cool - I didn't know you were a motorcycle :D

I'm an upgraded biker version of KITT, complete with LEDs, but my driver is female instead of Hassel the Huff. :D

On another note, this is actually my baby. (not this exact bike, but pretty close.

KenHigg

Local time
Your picture is not showing up Vass

KenHigg

Local time
You're slamming a ipad for being useless when you own one of those? :p

Vassago

Local time
Good for you. I hope that comforts you when they pull you out from under an 18 wheeler ;)

I actually pay attention to you box riders expecting each and every one of you to try and run me off the road. It keeps me safe.

KenHigg

Local time
A box rider... I heard somebody here at work call us cage riders. So people who drive cars are to blame for most of the scooter accidents?

Vassago

Local time
A box rider... I heard somebody here at work call us cage riders. So people who drive cars are to blame for most of the scooter accidents?

Not at all. I just believe in defensive driving, whether I'm on my bike or driving my car. I've learned to predict what other cars will do and you'd be surprised how right I end up being. You start noticing the little hesitations people make before they are about to make a bad decision, but then make it anyway. I've had plenty of vehicles pull out in front of me because people block out anything smaller than a civic when they are in their daily driving routine. It's all in the rushed lifestyle we live in today.

KenHigg

Local time
I'm just going on at you Vass... I have a scooter as well. The thing you have just goes way to fast for an old fart like me :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom