Auto Populate Specific Data on a Blank Data Entry Form (1 Viewer)

samjh

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:22
Hi,

Looking for help again!

I have a form, which has two combo boxes (amongst others) they are provider and provider rates.
These come from two tables, that are linked by ProviderID which is one(tblprovider) to many (tblproviderrates).

If the rate I am looking for doesn't exist I want to be able to open another form to input the new rate, (I have a button that says click here to enter new rate, and a provider rates form opens). When this form opens it should always open on a blank form, however I want to have the ProviderID already specified in that new form, so that all the user has to do is enter the rate. Once I have entered the new rate and closed the form, I want the rate to be shown within the list in the Rates combo box, so I can then select it.

I have tried on the button to open the form, linking the criteria, and if I look at the properties on the provider rate form, it is filtered on the provider, but nothing is appearing in the ProviderID box.

I'm doing something wrong, but not sure what.

Thanks.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:22
If you only have one item of data to add, you could use the Not In List event of the combo box.
When the user enters a rate that is not in the list, the code would check with the user that this is to be added to the list (incase it was a typo). The code would then populate the table and the item would be added to the list.
An example of the code required can be see at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-27.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom