A Father’s Bragging Rights. (1 Viewer)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Yesterday, 19:45
At the risk of sounding like a stricken dad, and therefore a great bore. I’m going to brag on my little girl for a while.

This morning when I picked her up from her mother’s house to take her to school, she gave me some good news.

She got a 1410 on her SAT scores. The minimum she needs to be accepted to Tech (Virginia Tech) was a 1250. Her current GPA is 4.2 with 2 of her classes being AP.

Fatherhood is one of the greatest joys I could have ever prayed for. This time as she approached adulthood is wonderful compensation for when she was 14, hehehe.

Please post some cool things about your children I hate to think I’m the only bore on this site.

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Yesterday, 16:45
My daughter slapped me this morning and went gooo goo - well shes allowed to being 10 months old - she can speak in 2 laugages guggle and raspberry

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
GaryPanic said:
My daughter slapped me this morning and went gooo goo - well shes allowed to being 10 months old - she can speak in 2 laugages guggle and raspberry

Cute, Soon she'll be at the learning stage, a fun time for a dad.

R

Rich

GaryPanic said:
But will you allow a politician to pose with and kiss her?;)

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
With the politicians we have here , I hope she slap's them (UK), In fact I'll slap them - and start screaming child abuser

R

Rich

Didn't somebody snatch their child away from Prescott during such an incident?:D

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Yesterday, 18:45
That's great news, Joe. You must be very proud of her, and with good reason. Mine, being (almost) 2.5 years now, is a little harder to judge but I know she's smart too. She can count to at least 15 in both English and Spanish (and a little further if we coach a bit). Since my m-i-l is Mexican and speaks Spanish to her a lot she's picking up a bunch of other Spanish words too. Her teachers at her little pre-school (she goes there 2 days a week for about 5 hours) are always telling us how smart she is also, so I know it's not just me being biased. ;)

Keith Nichols

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:45
Lovely.

Nice to hear that she likes you again. This is all future for me as I have 3 under 4 who haven't learnt that dadies can be a pain yet.

The reason I work in Arabia is that I do 40 hours with 15 minutes comutine each day (yes, there & back!) that's about 20 hours more than I would have with them if I were in the real world doing a real job.

When I roll in the door about 2:45 in the pm, they all scream"Daddy!" and run up to me kissing and hugging me. It's a fantastic feeling. There's a lot of love in this house and it feels good.

The other advantage of living here is domestic staff. I couldn't afford a nanny in Australia or the UK (may be possible in the US I guess but I have no rights of access there). Having a nanny live in means every one is relaxed most of the time.

Back to the children. My boy (3 1/2 one of twins) is a scream. late on potty training and speach but a Nobel prize in jigsaw puzzles. The Girl twin as just delightful & loving. The younger sister ( 2 1/4) is a girl genius. She was demanding to go to school this week. Curiously enough, even though she is sigificantly younger ;Wombat' is a tough cookie and hte other two are afraid of her. She's a bully but lovely with it.

In MHO, dads are allowed to bore! :D

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Keith Nichols said:
When I roll in the door about 2:45 in the pm, they all scream"Daddy!" and run up to me kissing and hugging me. It's a fantastic feeling. There's a lot of love in this house and it feels good.

In MHO, dads are allowed to bore! :D

Yes there is very little in the way of improviing on that.

My future wife has 2 girls 5 and 8, I guess I'll need to adopt if I'm ever going to have a son.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:45
I'm a step-grandfather, but my grandson doesn't care that we have no blood relationship. His mother and father lived with my wife and me for the first two years of their marriage. (Money reasons, but I'm please to report that they have resolved most such issues well enough to be in their own house now.)

When the kidlet was about two, he had already learned how to play games on my computer. (I did not allow him anything but ROBOT games - no bloody or body parts). He was at our dinner table, sucking his fingers, when I said to him, "You know, if you suck on those fingers enough, you won't be able to play games with the joystick." Quick as wink he pulled the fingers out of his hand, held up his OTHER hand, wiggled his fingers, and said, "I'll use these." After which he put the original fingers back in place. Nothing slow about THIS kid, I'll tell you now.

That old T-shirt slogan that says "If I had known how much fun grandchildren would be, I would have had them first" - is spot-on as far as I'm concerned.

Jacob Mathai

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:45
jsanders said:
At the risk of sounding like a stricken dad, and therefore a great bore. I’m going to brag on my little girl for a while.

This morning when I picked her up from her mother’s house to take her to school, she gave me some good news.

She got a 1410 on her SAT scores. The minimum she needs to be accepted to Tech (Virginia Tech) was a 1250. Her current GPA is 4.2 with 2 of her classes being AP.

Fatherhood is one of the greatest joys I could have ever prayed for. This time as she approached adulthood is wonderful compensation for when she was 14, hehehe.

Please post some cool things about your children I hate to think I’m the only bore on this site.

Virginia Tech is a great college. Two of our children graduated from Va Tech. One (daughter) in Civil engineering and another (son) in Mechanical engineering. The in-state tuition rate is fantastic. We have another son who graduated from George Mason (business and accounting). All three are gainfully employed. Thank God.
Va Tech is in Blacksburg, which is a beautiful place to live in. Every time I visited Tech, I enjoyed looking at the mountains. The scenery is great.

I hope your daughter will go to Tech. Congratulations & Best wishes to Dad & daughter!!

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
As a Dad you have the right to be proud of your children and also to be an embarrassment as they get older. Do not wory they will tell you that you are an embarressment. That is your right as a father.

My two well you did ask

Son
Black belt Karate
Crack shot .22, full bore, rifle and pistol
Armourer for Shooting Club whilst at University
Held Private Pilots Licence
Engineering Degree
Chartered Engineer

Daughter
Advanced Brown and White Karate
Crack shot like her brother. probably a little better
Jumped out of plane at 10,500 feet. Tandem parachute
Took up Gliding for a while but unable to maintain cos other things
Young driver of the Year Lincolnshire and won brand new Honda Jazz
Law Degree
Apologised to me at 22 for what she was like at 16

Yup Proud of my two
L

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Len Boorman said:
As a Dad you have the right to be proud of your children and also to be an embarrassment as they get older. Do not wory they will tell you that you are an embarressment. That is your right as a father.

My two well you did ask

Son
Black belt Karate
Crack shot .22, full bore, rifle and pistol

Daughter
Advanced Brown and White Karate
Crack shot like her brother. probably a little better

L

So yours is the house with the sign

Beware of the kids

on the gate

:D
Brian

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
jsanders said:
This morning when I picked her up from her mother’s house to take her to school,

:confused: don't understand this. Separate houses? por que?;)

Isn't marriage (in the eyes of god) for better or for worse? i.e for ever? how can a christian become divorced?

Col

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
ColinEssex said:
:confused: don't understand this. Separate houses? por que?;)

Isn't marriage (in the eyes of god) for better or for worse? i.e for ever? how can a christian become divorced?

Col

We can take this up in the fighting room any time bud

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
jsanders said:
fighting room? bud?

An American answer to a civil question as usual:rolleyes:

Col

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time

Fight, fight , fight ! Fisticuffs, lots of spitting, bell rings - Double maths. Ahh it takes me back.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Pauldohert said:
Fight, fight , fight ! Fisticuffs, lots of spitting, bell rings - Double maths. Ahh it takes me back.
Just note who actually wants to fight.

Say no more:rolleyes:

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom