A potential security concern has been identified (1 Viewer)

JohnPapa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:45
What worked is what appears in the attached pics.
In summary:

The path is V:\ not V:\\
The Type for AllowSubFolders should be REG_DWORD not REG_SZ
Parameter AllowNetworkLocations is placed in folder containing the locations (not in each location)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 117

JohnPapa

Registered User.
Local time
Unfortunately I spoke too soon. The above worked on one of the pcs on a network and was unable to test it on the remainder.

Today I tried to install the software on another network and I get the same problem.

On this network, there are no messages when I ran it locally, but once I put the BE on the network, I get the messages when I log in the software.

I reattach to the BE from the local copy to the server copy automatically, though code which I have used for decades. The software works OK, but it is not acceptable to ask the user to press Enter 23 times.

I have noted the software version which works fine and I will now examine what was added since then.

Any ideas would be Welcome.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 04:45
Suggest you identify what is different about the two workstations. For example
  • Access /Windows versions
  • Trust center settings
  • Network permissions for each user ....

JohnPapa

Registered User.
Local time
I may have found what the problem is. When I run my FE accde, the software checks what updates have already been made to the BE accdb and performs the necessary updates. There was a glitch in the update process and in some cases extra links were created for the same table. For example a linked table may be tblTable and by mistake another link was created in the FE called tblTable1 and sometimes an additional link tblTable2.

When I fixed the problem and removed the additional links the problem went away. I tested it on a network with 13 pcs that had the problem and on Monday I will test it on another network that exhibited the problem with 6 pcs.

The trust center issues addressed above still apply.

Will report back and many thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom