A textbook definition of cowardice (2 Viewers)

R

Rich

jsanders said:
Sorry Brian,

But if he can continue to abuse every aspect of American life and Americans, then I'm going to open ever counter of his with my new favorite one liner.

If Rich would just once lay off his incessant abuse, then I will refrain from personal attacks.

See Brian, I would not stoop to making general bad comments about the British, and in fact, I think personally attacking someone that deserves it is much preferred to making comments about his country.

Enough is way beyond enough.
Delusionary paranoia from the most powerful country on the planet:rolleyes:

statsman

Local time
Today, 07:24
The_Doc_Man said:
The second time was a tougher call, but I recall that again I was caught "in the balance" and had to weigh several factors, because both had lots of negatives. In the end, my 2nd vote for GWB was clearly a "lesser of two evils" vote.

Sounds like Quebec politics. You vote for the guy you think is the LEAST dishonest.

GMLWORLDCHAMP!

GMLWorldChamp!
Local time
Today, 05:24
perfect description...

The lesser of two evils is exactly what the moral majority goes with because we just try to make the best we can with what we've got and in four or eight years, we can change things up for a different trend but it always works out;

Democrat in office; split congress, split houses with majority Democrats = usually properous job markets nation wide, trade deficit decreases, timid war stances, scandals include caught lying, showing privates to governement clerks, housing market...doesn't care who is in office...jumps up and down all the time!?#?$!:D

Republican in office; split congress, split houses with majority Republican = usually down job markets nation wide, trade deficit growth, strong war stances, scandals include caught lying, cheating on taxes, illegal wire taps, housing market...doesn't care who is in office...jumps up and down all the time!?#?$! Simply doesn't give a crap!?#?$!:D...hmm a bit of a trend there...hmmm...not American, not European, very "human" in nature...hmmm...

If the U.S. system in anything was so bad, our accepted Motherland would not have mass immigrated here to develop and install such a system because they were fed up after what, at least 3 millenia of being told what to do by some old man or women who liked things just the way they were, suiting, them! Great conquerors in their own right but certainly laid the ground work for this little 230 year old slab of rock...

In fact, the indigenous peoples to first inhabit the recognized lands of the United States were, ASIATIC! So our American Indians actually fall into the class of peoples who actually immigrated here from Europe, because, they did!

At the classic time period in our history when what is now our political systems, social structures, arts, agriculture, slavery (yes, brought by Uncle Columbus and the kingdom of Spain!), etc...is 100% European in origin so thus, this ends the American bashing and debates for anti-US slander because we can truly and wholeheartedly blame Mother England, Spain, Scotland, Ireland, and Germany for her FIRST influences to what we have now in place that everyone else scorns us for...hmmm, there's that trend thing again...hmmm...very "human" in nature...hmmm...

So, like it or not, doesn't matter. You can't undo something 50,000 odd years old in the making because that is definitely SET in stone!

We can try to work together on most things and make things better or we can continue to point fingers until we run out of hands...

WE ARE YOU AND YOU ARE US so, lighten the hell up and help people or keep your close minded views to yourself because you are truly in the minority!:p

...look it up and read it all for yourself!: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_United_States and http://www.picturesofengland.com/history/

I choose to be here in the U.S. and I have a great friend from Scotland who retains his citizenship but openly admits that the moral majority all over Europe simply don't understand the same kind of concepts that most people here don't understand either, like TRUE shared history, so let's teach each other and bring the learning curve up!

He's got a great attitude that blends perfectly; as much as he loves Scotland, his opportunity here is far greater and he knows the money he can make, the lifestyle he has, and the money he can share with family and friends back home simply would not be possible at home. No, it's not all about money but from this aspect, many things; pressures, lifestyle ease on his parents and friends are made drastically better because of his skills and opportunities to expand them here...hmmm...there's that trend thing again...PEACE!:cool:

R

Rich

GMLWORLDCHAMP! said:
Republican in office; split congress, split houses with majority Republican = usually down job markets nation wide, trade deficit growth, strong war stances, scandals include caught lying, cheating on taxes, illegal wire taps, housing market...doesn't care who is in office...jumps up and down all the time!?#?$! Simply doesn't give a crap!?#?$!:D...hmm a bit of a trend there...hmmm...not American, not European, very "human" in nature...hmmm...

:
No not European or "very human", mainly American

If the U.S. system in anything was so bad, our accepted Motherland would not have mass immigrated here to develop and install such a system because they were fed up after what, at least 3 millenia of being told what to do by some old man or women who liked things just the way they were, suiting, them! Great conquerors in their own right but certainly laid the ground work for this little 230 year old slab of rock...

You're still ruled by an old man with a history of megalomania and global domination. Which slab of rock is only 230n yrs old, by the way?

In fact, the indigenous peoples to first inhabit the recognized lands of the United States were, ASIATIC! So our American Indians actually fall into the class of peoples who actually immigrated here from Europe, because, they did!
Yes and Americans all but wiped them out

At the classic time period in our history when what is now our political systems, social structures, arts, agriculture, slavery (yes, brought by Uncle Columbus and the kingdom of Spain!), etc...is 100% European in origin so thus, this ends the American bashing and debates for anti-US slander because we can truly and wholeheartedly blame Mother England, Spain, Scotland, Ireland, and Germany for her FIRST influences to what we have now in place that everyone else scorns us for...hmmm, there's that trend thing again...hmmm...very "human" in nature...hmmm...
Yes but Europe woke up to the inhumanity of slavery and brought and end to it two centuries earlier than you, in fact the reason you demanded independance was to continue the practice.

We can try to work together on most things and make things better or we can continue to point fingers until we run out of hands...

When do you intend to start "working together"?

He's got a great attitude that blends perfectly; as much as he loves Scotland, his opportunity here is far greater and he knows the money he can make, the lifestyle he has, and the money he can share with family and friends back home simply would not be possible at home.

That's it MONEY, that's what America's about and maybe not so much rain

msp

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:24
I still find it interesting as to how history will remember Geroge Bush. I am willing to bet that suprising as it may seem that he will be remembered well, as long as there is not another major terror attack on the US..

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
msp said:
I still find it interesting as to how history will remember Geroge Bush. I am willing to bet that suprising as it may seem that he will be remembered well, as long as there is not another major terror attack on the US..
I think Bush will be remembered for

1) destroying the USA's relations with the rest of the world - solely for oil and personal "backhanders" (ref = fahrenheit 9/11).

2) Making the USA a laughing stock and the most hated country on the planet - yet keeping all this (via censorship) from the US people

3) allowing the creation any number of terrorist organisations who now have the pick of any country to kill innocent people - even the US government agrees ref

4) being a "world leader" who can't speak properly and probobly doesn't yet do joined up writing and has a childlike persona

5) being a religious freak and using that as excuses

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Rich said:
Well let's all hope we see them getting stuffed like that on regular basis:cool: :p

I deserved a bit of mickey taking I guess, After Manure's great goal all the fight went out of Benfica, typical continentals:D , and M U desreved the win.

Brian "From the home of the comeback kings"

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
jsanders said:
Sorry Brian,

But if he can continue to abuse every aspect of American life and Americans, then I'm going to open ever counter of his with my new favorite one liner.

I could have sworn that in another thread J said that he was 46, but my eyes are dodgy so I guess it must have been 16.

brian

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
I also object to jsanders personal abuse, by all means attack a person's views, I have attacked Rich's views in the past, but just because a person has mad stupid etc opinions it does not make them mad stupid etc per se, besides I seem to remember somebody on a previous thread showing GWB did not have a minority vote, perhaps you can prive this to be incorrect.

Brian

Sadly, I've noticed that quite alot of our US colleagues resort to personal abuse. I've had it many times, as has Rich.

We just accept it as an American thing, I've decided its just a defensive trait - just one of those sad things really:rolleyes:

Col

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
2) Making the USA a laughing stock and the most hated country on the planet - yet keeping all this (via censorship) from the US people

Genuine question here:

Did the US not hold this position (in your eyes) before GWB?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
dan-cat said:
Genuine question here:

Did the US not hold this position (in your eyes) before GWB?

genuine answer here;

When I was little, anything American was a "must have", everything was so bright and brash and neon. The cars, the buildings, Elvis - the whole thing. We were so dowdy, America was the place with the panache to sell itself. We saw fantastic things on TV shows, places, big streets, nice houses, film stars, Las Vegas neon.

Vietnam changed my mind, I hated seeing napalm burning children running along the road, I hated the way the US soldiers got people to kneel in front of them, then shot them in the head.

But I like the rest of the world felt huge sadness on 11/9. Then Bush invaded Afghanistan and Iraq.:rolleyes: and all the sadness was destroyed by him.

So the US (in my eyes) before GWB was ok, in the sense it was accepted as having its "funny little ways" but it was put down to "ah well, thats Americans for you" - Clinton was ok, I liked him alot. Raygun was a bit of a joke but sort of likeable in a funny way. Smarmy Bush (senior) I didn't like because he was always on the take. JFK was really good but too popular which is why he had to be "eliminated". The others were a bit nondescript really. . . .Carter / LBJ etc.

Now that the US has created such death, danger and instability worldwide, I have reviewed my thoughts.

Col

msp

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
No, an idiot who's on his way out, voluntarily, before being thrown out:eek:

But Bush knows exactly when he will leave, the office of President. Even if suddenly he turned into the best President the US had ever seen and gave everyone toffees that day is set. The only thing he can do is really mess up and be forced to resign. (At least that is my understanding of the US system).

Tony B Liar on the other had could in theory still be prime minister in 10 years time.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 07:24
msp said:
But Bush knows exactly when he will leave, the office of President. Even if suddenly he turned into the best President the US had ever seen and gave everyone toffees that day is set. The only thing he can do is really mess up and be forced to resign. (At least that is my understanding of the US system).

Tony B Liar on the other had could in theory still be prime minister in 10 years time.

Thank God for the 2 term limit.

Or George Washington.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
The others were a bit nondescript really. . . .Carter / LBJ etc.

Now that the US has created such death, danger and instability worldwide, I have reviewed my thoughts.

Col

I find these two paragraphs really interesting.

Your concern is "death, danger and instability" and yet you describe "LBJ" as "nondescript". Forgive me, but that really doesn't make much sense.

Here is an interesting article comparing US casualties in Vietnam and Iraq. Make sure to view the final chart.

It doesn't begin to quantify civilian casualties.

Why is LBJ so "nondescript" to you while GWB is so monstrous?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom