A thought for Christchurch (New Zealand) earthquake victims (1 Viewer)

bulbisi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:26

I have a few friends there I met during a trip last year. And I hope they are doing well. No news yet (it is the night for them so I'll have to be patient).

Last edited by a moderator:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 22:26
Re: A thought for Christchurch (New Zeland) earthquake victims

Yet another reminder that nature is all-powerful and makes human squabbles and war look like a stroll in the park.

Oh BTW, there are two a's in New Zealand.

For our American colleagues who usually only get American news on their TV's, New Zealand is a land where foreign people live - down towards the South Pole near Australia, with lots of sheep. There was a big earthquake there, in Christchurch.

Col

bulbisi

Registered User.
Local time

Zealand yes, I saw my mistake in the subject but couldn't change it anymore. My bad.

and lol for your wink.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:26

A douche said:
Yet another reminder that nature is all-powerful and makes human squabbles and war look like a stroll in the park.

Oh BTW, there are two a's in New Zealand.

For our American colleagues who usually only get American news on their TV's, New Zealand is a land where foreign people live - down towards the South Pole near Australia, with lots of sheep. There was a big earthquake there, in Christchurch.

Col
Jealous and predictable, you really need a new gig.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time

No wonder you are puzzled, you don't read.:rolleyes:

Cols point was off the mark - cos his target audience who dont know where NZ is - probably wont know where Australia is either.

For those watching in black and white the pink is behind the green.

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
For those watching in black and white the pink is behind the green.

The actual quote was "For those watching in black and white the yellow is behind the blue." Ted Lowe. snooker commentator, Pot Black circa 1969.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
The actual quote was "For those watching in black and white the yellow is behind the blue." Ted Lowe. snooker commentator, Pot Black circa 1969.

I googled it as well ! Cant trust the tinterweb for answers!

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
They are all in my thoughts and prayers, it is almost unbelievable to see some of such a pretty city crumbling and crushed piles of rubble where historic buildings stood.

I have a few friends there I met during a trip last year. And I hope they are doing well. No news yet (it is the night for them so I'll have to be patient).

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 18:26
Earthquakes may be unpredictable, but Col's narrow-viewed attack on the U.S. is always reliable. :rolleyes:

It's such a horrible situation over there. This quake was supposed to be an aftershock from the relatively harmless one they had last year, but it was far more devastating since they were out and about in mid-day instead of the middle of the night like the original. They are in my thoughts.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Earthquakes may be unpredictable, but Col's narrow-viewed attack on the U.S. is always reliable. :rolleyes:

I resent that:rolleyes:

I understand it to be true that it is a well known fact that many people in the USA have no idea where virtually any other country is in the world. Just because you know doesn't mean others will.
For example - Many people in the USA think Europe is a country.

Don't knock people when they are trying to help, it may come back to haunt you.

How are you getting on with my original username? How long does it take to reinstate a name?

Of course I feel for the people of New Zealand, I have been there and toured round, it is a beautiful country. I wish them well in their hour of trial.

Col

ChipperT

Banned in 13 Countries
Local time
I resent that:rolleyes:

I understand it to be true that it is a well known fact that many people in the USA have no idea where virtually any other country is in the world. Just because you know doesn't mean others will.
For example - Many people in the USA think Europe is a country.

How are you getting on with my original username? How long does it take to reinstate a name?

Of course I feel for the people of New Zealand, I have been there and toured round, it is a beautiful country. I wish them well in their hour of trial.

Col

I could, of course, make a snarky remark such as "Col is still smarting over the loss of the "Empire" and longs for the days when British colonists could legally oppress the Maori and other indigineous populace." But instead I wonder what pathetic thrills he gets from America-bashing. Obviously it assuages his own feelings of inadequacy or he would not attempt to inject his diatribe into every thread, no matter what the subject happens to be. Poor Col. Someday he may find a friend and then we will see him no more.

bulbisi

Registered User.
Local time
Com'on guys
I want to say for those who don't know where New-Zealand is to google it.
For the others, we know how far can be clichés and stuffs about other nationalities but that is not the point here. Can we avoid that kind of xenophobia and other bad jokes or eventually open another thread?
Christophe, from the country Europe

bulbisi

Registered User.
Local time
I'm not sure if that was an intentional joke or not, but I'm having a hard time not laughing either way.

;)

Yesterday I got news from my Christchurch' friends. They are good ... compared to many others, their house is partly broken but all members of their family and their friends are fine.
They do their best to help out around and confirmed electricity and water are rare, like mobile coverage. They hope to have a better overview during the weekend.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 18:26

Thank you so much for the geography lesson. Is that better? :rolleyes:

It's not looking likely. I would suggest taking it up with Jon or David at this point as my requests were denied.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Thank you so much for the geography lesson. Is that better? :rolleyes:

It wasn't aimed at you actually. Just those with less geographical skills.

It's not looking likely. I would suggest taking it up with Jon or David at this point as my requests were denied.

Nah, no point. They hate me anyway so they'll only ban me for asking. Thanks for trying though.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I could, of course, make a snarky remark such as "Col is still smarting over the loss of the "Empire" and longs for the days when British colonists could legally oppress the Maori and other indigineous populace."

Phew! It's a good job you didn't say it then.:rolleyes:

But instead I wonder what pathetic thrills he gets from America-bashing.

Where did I "bash America"? I'm not aware of it.

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom