Absolutely Stunning! (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 10:03
Just ... WOW.

When you have a politician from the opposite party, from a State whose government is notorious for being one of the most corrupt in the nation (Philadelphia-type extremes), condemning the Democrats' persecution of Trump, it REALLY means something!

Rod Blagojevich

I think this is the apocalypse of our democracy. They're doing to a Republican president the major league level what they did to me, a Democrat governor, at the Triple-A level. I went to prison for things that are not crimes. They're charging President Trump with things that are not crimes. One positive thing I suppose you could say about the D.A. over there, Bragg, is that he keeps his campaign promises. Here's a guy who ran on a campaign promise to charge President Trump. The other thing you can say about him is he's violating his oath of office and destroying the Constitution and the rule of law. And if anybody who ought to be going to prison or charged with crimes for this episode ought to be that DA, these weaponized, uncontrolled, corrupt prosecutors are going to destroy our democracy, steal our freedoms, and take from us, we the people, our right to choose our own leaders and elections.

Well, if there's going to be a possibility of an unpleasant dividing of our nation to any further degree, I suppose it might as well the legal skullduggery by two well-matched opponents, rather than the pushing from other groups to transmogrify rather boorish topics into nearly spiritual-esque causes cé·lè·bre

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:03
I think it's time to start playing the campaign promises videos for both the state AG and county DA 24/7. Show them side by side with Stalin's henchman's statement - "Show me the man and I'll find the crime". Play them all over the world.

There may be a "whoops" in the charges though. They didn't seem to mention the crime they thought the misdemeanor(which can't be prosecuted because the statute of limitations has expired) attaches to that makes it elevate to a felony. Charging 34 felonies was simply grandstanding.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I think it's time to start playing the campaign promises videos for both the state AG and county DA 24/7. Show them side by side with Stalin's henchman's statement - "Show me the man and I'll find the crime". Play them all over the world.

There may be a "whoops" in the charges though. They didn't seem to mention the crime they thought the misdemeanor(which can't be prosecuted because the statute of limitations has expired) attaches to that makes it elevate to a felony. Charging 34 felonies was simply grandstanding.

On the other hand, think of the ingredients of this situation that make the prosecution in a position of power.

With a very sympathetic judge and a supposedly randomly selected jury from manhattan, it's hard to see Trump coming out of this unscathed, at least assuming the only things that play out are legal proceedings..

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I'm pretty sure the Democrats have unleashed a Pandora's Box they will have absolutely no clue how to contain. Think of how many republican attorney generals there are in states where famous Democrats do business...
Looking over their business records now..

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If only the Republican Attorneys General get on board and start bringing cases. They may have stronger backbones than members of Congress who are feckless pieces of dog poo with very few exceptions.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
But seriously what the heck are Democrats thinking with this pandoras box ... do they really not imagine that republican atty generals all across the nation are rolling up their sleeves and getting out their microscopes right now? famous dem pol's do biz all over the nation, surely they may worry they'll find themselves suddenly facing an opposite-of-manhattan "jury of their peers" (?) I def worry about the future, but this duel was in the making a long time. Uh.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
If only the Republican Attorneys General get on board and start bringing cases. They may have stronger backbones than members of Congress who are feckless pieces of dog poo with very few exceptions.

I definitely think the average attorney general, on both sides frankly, has a far more backbone than the average Legislator.

Think Letitia James vs. AOC :)

AngelSpeaks

Local time
Today, 12:03
Just ... WOW.

When you have a politician from the opposite party, from a State whose government is notorious for being one of the most corrupt in the nation (Philadelphia-type extremes), condemning the Democrats' persecution of Trump, it REALLY means something!

Rod Blagojevich

Well, if there's going to be a possibility of an unpleasant dividing of our nation to any further degree, I suppose it might as well the legal skullduggery by two well-matched opponents, rather than the pushing from other groups to transmogrify rather boorish topics into nearly spiritual-esque causes cé·lè·bre
Blagojevich was a crooked governor.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
But seriously what the heck are Democrats thinking with this pandoras box
They are thinking it will never happen to them because they are not giving up control. What do they know that we don't know? Is this as stupid as it looks? Not if you know it can never come back at you. They have the deep state. It belongs to them. PERIOD. They have the teachers' union. That means they have our children. And they are getting close to having the armed forces. They culled a lot of the herd with the COVID lies and forced inoculations of emergency use ONLY drugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom