Access and geocraphical point (1 Viewer)

danit58

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:19
Hello everyone,

in an Access 2003 database, I store a range of information about points of interest; for each point, the stored information includes the address (city, street, street), telephone number, type, degree of use, etc..

By consulting Google Maps to search for one of these points, I have the idea of associating in the database the necessary information to return visually the location of the point on Google Maps. I could insert in a form the webbrowser activex, and to send to it the parameters for navigation within the site and the correct display of the point.
Of course, the display may be more points, maybe passing the filtered upstream of those of a given city, and so on.

I wonder if it could be the opposite, To insert the point of interest graphically on maps, and store the Maps geographical identifiers in Access for later use.

Can someone give me some tips for use in this sense Google Maps (or other mapping systems), perhaps with some example files to study?

Many thanks, Dani

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:19
i struggled to integrate google maps

i did have success with MS mappoint, although it is not free - you can get a 2month free trial to see if its useful.

there is a good independent mappoint forum with a lot of information

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom