Access Application for Guitar training - CHALLENGE (1 Viewer)

Leo_Polla_Psemata

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:58
Hi
I am learning to play the guitar. There is one exercise.
I must memorize , in each guitar position (12 fret by 6 strings = 72 positions), which note is.
To do so, i need a metronome, one tik every 4 seconds for example and someone to tell me
randomly one note, for example "D#" or "G",- there are 12 different sounds - then i have to play
on the guitar the "D#" or the "G" on every string, then continue on another note,
all these with a metronome.
After i feel confident that i can make it under metronome 50, i must set the metronome faster, to 60, and so on.
So, i need a metronome and a friend (which i don't have) to read out loud one random note, then confirm i played the correct one.

Now, we have 12 different sounds (seven notes and five semitons) and 72 guitar positions.

Could I make make this on an access application ?

Store 12 voice sounds that will tell the note
Store 12 guitar sounds that will recreate the guitar sound.
one metronome.

The metronome will be set to 50,
every "50, 1st quarter" the voice will tell randomly the name of a note, say "B"
i have to play B in all guitar posituions, every 3rd quarter the guitar sound will bip so i know i have played the correct note.

For those who don't know what metronome is, please google "metronome".

Could we make something like this in ACCESS ?

Leo_Polla_Psemata

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:58
Correction, clarification

i wrote
i have to play B in all guitar positions, every 3rd quarter the guitar sound will bip so i know i have played the correct note.

I should right

i have to play B in all guitar positions, every 3rd quarter the guitar sound will bip the B sound, so i know i have played the correct note.

murphybridget

Local time
Tomorrow, 03:58
You can create a simple application in Microsoft Access for this guitar exercise. Set up the database with tables for storing sounds and notes. Implement a metronome feature and a function to randomly select and play notes.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:58
Or you could get a friend

Preferably one who isn't tone deaf like me.
The metronome feature can be implemented using the timer function. You can use Randomize to seed the Rnd function and then Rnd to generate a number between x and y and that number will correspond to the note you need to play.
Are you really asking if Access can evaluate your playing? That requires some kind of analog input which is probably well beyond the capabilities of most of the folks here since what we deal with for input and output is strictly digital. You will need a microphone and you need to find some code that translates the analog sound to a digital value.

murphybridget

Local time
Tomorrow, 03:58
Preferably one who isn't tone deaf like me.
The metronome feature can be implemented using the timer function. You can use Randomize to seed the Rnd function and then Rnd to generate a number between x and y and that number will correspond to the note you need to play.
Are you really asking if Access can evaluate your playing? That requires some kind of analog input which is probably well beyond the capabilities of most of the folks here since what we deal with for input and output is strictly digital. You will need a microphone and you need to find some code that translates the analog sound to a digital value.
I hope you get to finish the stuff you need doing. Good luck to that friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom