Access delay (1 Viewer)

madcats

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:09
We are running Office Professional 2016 on a server that is not connected to the internet.

When I click on the Access program, for 8-10 seconds it appears it is trying to connect to the internet "Getting featured templates..." Once that is over I can click on a database and it opens within 2-3 seconds.

Problem is most of our users just have shortcut icons so all they see is a blank screen for 12-13 seconds every time they open a database.

Is there a way to turn on a work offline setting permanently?

Thanks in advance.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:09
You could use a command line to open a specific MS Access database. I've no idea if this would be quicker just thought it might be something you could try.

Something else you could try, When you've got your database open, load a particular form, like a menu form or switchboard form. Now grab this form and drag it onto the desktop. Close your access database, and then click on the shortcut you just created. See if that opens your database quicker, again no idea if it will...

jchab

Local time
Today, 08:09
I ran into the same issue.
I found under File -> Options -> Trust Center -> Trust Center Settings -> Privacy

I unchecked "Let Office connect to online services ..." and this made the "Getting Featured Templates" lag go away.

I still am having a considerable delay when I open my 1st database after starting Access 2016. So if you have any thoughts there, let me know. We have some Word VBA code that dumps a bunch of data into a local Access database, then uses Mail Merge to build a large summary document composed of many documents with ToC, etc. It works very fast in Office 2010, but the Access 2016 initial open file lag is slowing it way down.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 23:09
We are running Office Professional 2016 on a server that is not connected to the internet.

When I click on the Access program, for 8-10 seconds it appears it is trying to connect to the internet "Getting featured templates..." Once that is over I can click on a database and it opens within 2-3 seconds.

Problem is most of our users just have shortcut icons so all they see is a blank screen for 12-13 seconds every time they open a database.

To where, access or the dB? The dB should be split if it is shared to other users. And each user should have a copy of the Fe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom