Access Navigation Panel (1 Viewer)

JGravesNBS

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:26
How can I get an Access Navigation Panel, View By Details a One Liner showing, Name, Date Created, Date Modified and Object?

In other words, on one line display the Object Name, Description, Date Created, Date Modified, and Object Type just we had in legacy Access 2000 Database Containers.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:26
You can't. There are a couple of versions of the Database window floating around. I don't like any of them. They don't work the way the original did and I loved the way that worked. It's been so long since that wonderful tool was "cancelled" by the twerps, there are probably many people reading this who don't know what we're talking about.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 00:26
I know exactly what you're talking about, but I still don't agree that the change to the navigation pane was a poor decision.
The additional functionality far outweighs any resultant disadvantages . . . in my opinion.

@JGravesNBS
You might be interested in my Access add-in

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:26
the "added" functionality could have been added to the Database window.

I happened to have been in the room in Redmond in the spring of 2006 when the Access team was explaining to a small group of Access experts some of their decisions regarding changes implemented for A2007. Their reason for changing from the Database window to the Navigation pain(sic) was that they thought (originally but not at that point but it was too late to go back) that the Nav Pane would replace the Switchboard as the way for developers to create an interface for the users. They had realized by the point of this demonstration of the final beta that this was not a good idea but they weren't going back.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 00:26
the "added" functionality could have been added to the Database window.
Possibly . . . but I'm not convinced about that.

I've also been using Access since v1.0 and it became my main database development program from A97.
I was never a fan of the old database window nor indeed of the old built-in switchboard due to the limitations of each.

Whilst there are many things about Access I'd like to see improved, the navigation pane is close to the bottom of my personal list

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom