Access no longer part of 365 business packages (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 03:50
Can anyone confirm that this is true. I clicked on one of Jon's sponsored links and it took me to the purchase page for 365. Out of all the plans there, I didn't see Access or it's icon anywhere on the page or under any of the subscriptions. Are they phasing it out now that web databases are taking hold full steam?

GaP42

Local time
Today, 18:50
Checked the web page and found, under business packages (find out which is best for you), that, if you expand the details this:

1709264748244.png
The blank column is the Business Basic package.
Family and personal include Access

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 03:50
must have checked the wrong area. thanks!

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 01:50
Can anyone confirm that this is true. I clicked on one of Jon's sponsored links and it took me to the purchase page for 365. Out of all the plans there, I didn't see Access or it's icon anywhere on the page or under any of the subscriptions.
Are they phasing it out now that web databases are taking hold full steam?
Access web apps came out as part of Access 2013 and went away again in Access 2016 ;)

On the other hand, Microsoft seems to go out of their way not to mention Access, maddening as that is.

See this article for more comments and information.

kentgorrell

Local time
Today, 09:50
When 365 went all subscription on us, the Business plans did not include Access. Only the Enterprise plans did, then after a couple of years MS realised their mistake and added Access to the Business plans. Hence the confusion.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:50
Maybe if we created an open letter to Microsoft and everyone here signs it - like a poll, they will reconsider their disregard for Access. We have people who can get the poll to MS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom