Access Web App Questions (1 Viewer)

rlangford

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:35
Hello, I am managing a Microsoft access database that holds records for different species of animals and such. I am very interested in the web apps for Microsoft Access and after looking into it still have some questions. Am I able to quickly use the forms already created and post them on a website (I'm assuming using sharepoint)? Or will I need to recreate everything? Does anyone have any examples of a link I could just see and check out what it looks like?

By the way all of our data is on a server and that is where the database is housed so I do not think that will be a issue as far as setting it up. Thanks, have a great weekend!

Samantha

still learning...
Local time
Today, 16:35
HI,

I would suggest downloading a trial version of Access and signing up for a trial of Sharepoint and playing with it. You would have to have an on premises sharepoint server to use your own - otherwise you have to use the online service @ 12.95 per user per month - billed annually otherwise it is 15$ for monthly billing. You would have to recreate everything as far as your forms go it kinda does it for you as far as the layout just like in 2010 when you have a table highlighted and choose a form it will do some of the work for you. I am just playing with it now to see if I can do what I would like to. Right off the bat - it does not support any VBA macros only. I have stayed away from macros in my desktop db because they have caused performance issues. I have also read that you can upload the data to a sharepoint list as your backend and run the front end off of your desktop. Also, beware this is not a app as I think of it - it has to be run in a browser on your device and the layout is not pretty so far. I posted a photo today starting a thread to try and determine if this is just me or what??

Good Luck on your project!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom