Access World logo (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:22
To save anyone else the trouble: Lover of big words.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:22
I am very tempted to get some software called Affinity Designer. It helps you create graphics, logos etc. Much cheaper than Photoshop, which requires a monthly subscription. Instead, it is like £50, as a one-off payment.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
And there was me thinking it meant the Doc was "74yearoladrian" because I can't read properly.

(septuagenarian to save you you all looking it up)

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
1584107466579.png

3d Paint.
I rockz at graphic design !

• Wow
Reactions: Jon

Dreamweaver

Local time
I like This
but :)

Could the backgroud be made invisable as I thing That would work with bot dark and like styles
As it's a access site maybe the this image just useing your colour?
index.jpg

mick

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I have been collecting some ideas of elements I would like to add to the logo. Here are a few ideas:

1584107675645.png
1584107698923.png
1584107721201.png
1584107744919.png

I kinda like the concept of a box around the text and the font in the first image. I like the idea of a small orange dot somewhere in the logo. Thought about having "Access" as the main word and perhaps "world" as a smaller word underneath. Not so sure though. Just quite like the font in the last image.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@MickJav The bin kind of logo in the image you posted is actually another database companies logo. But that concept seems common for database representations. Many companies are using a similar thing. I could do an adaption of that.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Here is another one - I think I should become an artist with these skills...
1584117197048.png

• Haha

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
You do like a bit of 3D! It's kinda fun creating logos. Better than doing real work.

Dreamweaver

Local time
I'm totally useless at working with images but the more versions you see will help as you might see bits from each which might end up with a nice image for the forum.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Yes I agree. I actually go to Google images and type things like "database logo", "world logo" etc.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I'm building up a big list of different ideas for the logo. Quite enjoying myself. Getting an idea of font combinations, what could be used to represent data and so on. I will buy Affinity Designer today, so at least I then have a tool to create the logo.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I have been avoiding this discussion. My artistic skills are strictly musical. I have been accused of being unable to draw flies with :poop:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
It's harder than you think Doc. I have spent countless hours over the years creating logos for different sites of mine. I am getting a bit better at it, but its much harder to do without the right tools. I thieve ideas from other logos and combine them in the ultimate mess!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It's harder than you think Doc.

Since my graphics skills are not very good, I already think that logo design is incredibly hard without borrowing from other systems or situations. So, no, it is NOT harder than I think. It is exactly as hard as I think, which for me is "damned near impossible."

I was a total disappointment to my father whose visual art skills were quite good. He was a commercial artist doing advertising layouts for a while, though it paid badly and he eventually found a better job as a fire fighter for Jefferson Parish Louisiana. Good pay, great medical benefits, tremendous retirement benefits. I took after my mother, who had musical skills all over the place. Her second career was to teach music with a local musical instrument company because they offered lessons to customers and she LOVED teaching kids. She could only take them so far before they needed a new teacher, but until she started getting sick with Alzheimer's, Mom loved that second job.

zeroaccess

Local time
I'm building up a big list of different ideas for the logo. Quite enjoying myself. Getting an idea of font combinations, what could be used to represent data and so on. I will buy Affinity Designer today, so at least I then have a tool to create the logo.
I have heard good things about their pixel-based editor. You definitely want vector for this though. I use Adobe Illustrator.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Just started playing with it and it is wonderful!

1584205767654.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom