Active X textbox borders (1 Viewer)

solnajeff

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:24
Hi

I wonder if anyone else has come across this. I have opted to use an active x textbox control to get around the limitation on text size in a normal text box, however I do not wish to have a visible border. Having tried all the options in the property sheet and also using VBA I am left with a thin border around the text box that I cannot remove, or indeed change the color. I have tried solid and transparent, setting all the colors the same but to no avail it still shows up.

Any suggestions would be very welcome

Regards

Jeff

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:24
Hi Jeff. I also don't get the issue you're having with the size limit, and exactly which ActiveX control are you referring to?

solnajeff

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

With a normal textbox the text size is limited to a maximum of 127 pt, so to get around that I used an active x control, Microsoft Forms 2 textbox. This allows greater text sizes and works fin apart from the visible border. This is something strange because it does not appear possible to remove it via settings or code. In fact I tried drawing a rectangle over the border to hide it and even though the rectangle is on top and the fill color is set correctly the border still shows, which seems a little odd.

I am not sure if anything will hide it so the best option I can see is to place the text box in a popup form of exactly the same size so that the border issue is not relevant.

Regards

Jeff

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:24
Hi

With a normal textbox the text size is limited to a maximum of 127 pt, so to get around that I used an active x control, Microsoft Forms 2 textbox. This allows greater text sizes and works fin apart from the visible border. This is something strange because it does not appear possible to remove it via settings or code. In fact I tried drawing a rectangle over the border to hide it and even though the rectangle is on top and the fill color is set correctly the border still shows, which seems a little odd.

I am not sure if anything will hide it so the best option I can see is to place the text box in a popup form of exactly the same size so that the border issue is not relevant.

Regards

Jeff
Hi Jeff. Thanks for the clarification. Good luck with your project.

zeroaccess

Local time
Today, 17:24
I'm curious...what application requires more than 127pt? This going up on a projector?

solnajeff

Registered User.
Local time
It is actually for display on a Large TV where the number will take up a significant portion of the screen in order for customers to view it easily. It is a part of a promotional activity that requires number draws. I had previously written everything in Excel which was not a problem, however using a database simplifies a lot of the operation.

Last edited:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 22:24
Could you embed the number as an image from excel/powerpoint/PDF , just trying to think outside the (text)box...

Awful pun sorry

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:24
Create a transparent rectangle same sizse as the ActiveX control; border the same thickness as that control; colour same as the background and place it over the ActiveX control?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom