Add Button To Sort Records (1 Viewer)

Lady Phoenix

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:32
I feel a bit stupid asking this but Im a beginner to Access. The main problem is that I dont understand the terminology off access so watching videos doesnt help as I dont know what ones to watch.

Ive created a form and one of the fields is a field called "Due Date"

I want to create a button that once pressed will sort the records in order of due date with the oldest being record 1.

Simple Im sure, but Ive been trying for over a day now and just cant do it.

Also, if Im allowed to ask another question, can someone tell me how I can get a button to manipulate fields.

Ive got a set of buttons at the bottom of my form (Ive placed them in the footer) that were set up using Access automatically. They go to first, last, next and previous records. Ive also set up two extra, one that creates a new record and another that sets the record.
The thing is that the set record button I would actually like it to take the data in a field called "Frequency", add a random number to it and then set the record.

Lady Phoenix

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:32
Sorry, solved myself. Found a youtube video by some guy. He showed how to create a macro to select a report, then realised he didnt have any reports so made a setvalue macro instead :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom