Add Existing Fields only works for some tables (1 Viewer)

CammoLammo

Local time
Today, 23:23
Hi,
I'm making an entry form for orders within my database and I wanted to have combo boxes where the user can select different related entries such as Customer and Product, I used the Add Existing Fields tool to add in these entries and it worked for my Payment Type and Product tables but when I tried to do it for the Customer table it did not work. The relationship between Customer and Order is 1:M and I have this in my relationships section of the database. The Customer table attributes (First Name, Phone Number, etc) will show correctly for existing orders but it will not let me input Customer details for a new order or create a combo box to select between the customers in the database. Please help me!
Thanks!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:23
It might be more helpful if you posted a picture of your form -even a mock up of what your ultimate design should be. Also you should avoid using field names with embedded spaces --they will come back to cause grief at some point. Use something like FName or firstName or phoneNumber instead.

CammoLammo

Local time
The circled area in the attached picture is what isn't working. I would like CustFirstName to be a combo box similar to Payment Type but for some reason when I add these fields it does not make a combo box like it does for fields from other tables. Also whenever I add the CustID field it duplicates itself and inserts CustID_Customer(1,2,3,etc).

Attachments

• wow.PNG
    wow.PNG
    30.3 KB · Views: 66

CammoLammo

Local time
Just did some more testing and the duplication error also occurs when in my Customer Entry form. I also attached my relationships, in all relationships Enforce Referential Integrity and Cascade Update Related Fields are selected.

Attachments

• wow2.PNG
    wow2.PNG
    41 KB · Views: 69
  • wow3.PNG
    wow3.PNG
    28.9 KB · Views: 65

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:23
See your other post for some info: