Solved Add existing record to new table (1 Viewer)

Sarahbyrne3

Local time
Today, 06:26
Hi everyone,

I have created a database that has materials that we order on a regular basis. The idea is for our site team to search the items they want to order, add them to a order request and then send it to our buyers. Our buyers will then take this, pull the records from the O.R and put it into a P.O.

I have a filter box that once an item is selected goes into a list below, i want an 'Add to O.R' button that will take that selected info and put it into a table (separate table not related and already created) using a O.R number (human created) that will then push that information to a report but only show the information on that O.R number.

e.g. John Doe wants to order x, y & z for project B1008 on O.R number OR0001.

It may be that i need a 'search records' pop up on the O.R record to get all the same order on the one record? But the main thing for now is the add button that is driving me mad as it should be very very simple. No 'For Dummies' book is helping and no amount of research is letting this sink in. Im probably over complicating this more than i should.

Please send help :)

Attachments

• RED Materials.accdb
    4 MB · Views: 320

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:26
If an order can have multiple materials, then OrderRequests should be split to two tables: OrderRequests, OrderMaterials. Then build a form/subform arrangement with main form bound to Orders and subform bound to OrderMaterials with a combobox or listbox to select material.

Where is the 'human created' order number?

Last edited:

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 14:26
you can check this demo.
open form frm_order.

Attachments

• RED Materials.accdb
    3.6 MB · Views: 275

Sarahbyrne3

Local time
@arnelgp Is there any way to make the search bar search more than one word. E.g. clip 50 ... this would then bring up the 50mm clip. I'm trying to narrow down this search function a bit.

Thank you for all your help btw, its been amazing :)

arnelgp

Local time
here you test frm_Order again.
on the search form, you can separate each
"search words" with a space.

Attachments

• RED Materials.accdb
    3.8 MB · Views: 302

Sarahbyrne3

Local time
Thank you again. How do i add some more information to the tbl_ORDetail? Ive added new fields so that i can pull the information to the reports but its not picking up the information from the frm_Order. Also if i change the naming format on the tables, forms and queries in both access panel and the VBA will it mess anything up?

Sorry to be a pain and thank you again for all your help. I really do appreciate it :)

Sarahbyrne3

Local time
Attached and thank you so much. Its pretty much the same as the one youve sent me.

Attachments

• RED Materials Rev 5.accdb
    3.5 MB · Views: 254

arnelgp

Local time
here test your Order form (check the button for Print Preview).

Attachments

• RED Materials Rev 5.accdb
    6.8 MB · Views: 321

Sarahbyrne3

Local time
The order report is showing all records on one page.... how do i get it so it only shows one order at a time? Again i am so sorry to be a pain, im slowly learning

Sarahbyrne3

Local time
Sorry yes its working from there. I couldnt get the print preview button to work but it seems to be working now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom