Ah! I want One!!! (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:43
Now I understand the American fascination with firearms. I want one! I want a big one!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:43
That is a big extreme even for most USA citizens. Usually they are willing to settle for a Desert Eagle .50 caliber pistol that uses more traditional-looking rounds and a handle magazine. But then, Black Rambo is notorious for being willing to shoot anything, modern or historic. I watching him go bonkers over a true "blunderbuss" weapon, an early form of shotgun with a slightly-flared barrel and black powder as propellant.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
That is a big extreme even for most USA citizens.

In the realm of personal development, there's a strategy where you metaphorically view yourself as a sword. You ponder the inherent attributes of a sword—its sharpness, balance, and durability among others.

I resonate with the broadsword, a hulking, cumbersome weapon that's not easily wielded.

This aligns with my affinity for that gun. It's a behemoth; you only get one shot, but if you nail your target, you're taking down anything in its path!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I resonate with the broadsword, a hulking, cumbersome weapon that's not easily wielded.

I've always favored battle-axes. Neither elegant nor delicate, not often swift, often used for making a bloody mess of things. It fits my approach to problems. Alexander the Great slashed the Gordian Knot. I would have used a similar approach... hack it until its parts litter the floor. It fits me quite well in that I don't have time for nicety or subtlety. Anyone who watches the way I play video "shooter" games would immediately understand.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:43
The way the guy in the video handles guns, he is bound to be a future Darwin award winner by taken himself out of the gene pool.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Talking of guns. I hear that emergency workers in some states wear body armour and carry guns when answering emergency calls. Apparently, gun attacks on emergency workers is a new sport in some states.
Col

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I probably think of myself as a pair of knitting needles- sharp, lethal in the wrong hands, but capable of creating intricate designs

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Talking of guns. I hear that emergency workers in some states wear body armour and carry guns when answering emergency calls. Apparently, gun attacks on emergency workers is a new sport in some states.
Col

Col, it is unfortunate but true that in the USA, emergency workers can become targets. Sadly, the only correction I CAN truthfully add is that the word "new" may be inappropriate depending on just how "new" you intended it to be.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
New in the sense that we've only just heard of this. It may have been going on for ages.
Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
New in the sense that we've only just heard of this. It may have been going on for ages.
Col

The word "may" is inappropriate in this context, sadly. The problem includes the fact that these days, emergency medical teams have drugs in the ambulances and it is not unheard of to assault those workers to get the keys to the lock-boxes. The medical teams sometimes wait until a police unit arrives on scene. In certain neighborhoods it is not uncommon.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:43
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
I dont. It was an article in a newspaper a few months back talking about the massive surge in gun ownership in the USA, and the fact that emergency workers in some states (not all) now carry guns for protection.
Col

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The massive surge in gun ownership is a direct result of the Biden administration's push to defund the police. If the police don't respond when you call 911, you are pretty much on your own and this happens in cities like Seattle. PS, defunding the local police is actually a tactic that is intentionally designed to put the federal government in a position to take over policing because the "public demands it". So, when the local police cannot respond effectively due to being understaffed, the feds take over for them because the "public demands protection" and they're not getting it from the local police force. Ultimately, we become a police state with our own version of the Staszi and the Brown Shirts.

I'm not saying that there are never attacks on first responders but this is something that terrorists would do and you see it frequently in movies and in pulp fiction because bloodbaths attract a certain type of reader. America is not the shooting gallery you seem to think it is. Unless you live on the south side of Chicago where 20 + people get shot every weekend.

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
America is not the shooting gallery you seem to think it is. Unless you live on the south side of Chicago where 20 + people get shot every weekend.
I dont think anything. I just go by what I read in the press and see on the BBC news, what else can we do?
Col

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
what else can we do?
Figure out why you only hear bad stuff and not good stuff. The answer is pretty standard - "If it bleeds, it leads". Negative news, especially with blood or guns involved, always draws more clicks than positive news and you can't resist it. So, you will always hear about shootings but you won't hear about good deeds because clicks dictate presentation position in the news feed. It warps your view of reality. America, with several notable exceptions (large cities run into the ground by Democrat mis-management like San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles, and NYC) is a generally safe place populated by pleasant, helpful individuals.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom