Angelina Jordan - the rise of a mega star (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:27
Let me take you on a journey.

I've always been interested in child prodigies and their genius. Today, it is in the realm of music. I came across this amazing singer a few weeks ago and wanted to share the talent discovery. She is just 14, I believe, but started singling at 18 months! She can sing anything, except perhaps Metal! I think she has the best young female voice I have ever heard. (All ages are approximate and approximately accurate!) (And it makes a nice change from talking about politics all the time!)

So, sit back, relax, turn the volume up and enjoy the adventure...

Let's start her off singing at age 8!!

Here is her at age 10!

Again, aged 10:

Aged 10 with full backing orchestra:

Aged 12ish: (Born to Die - love this song)

For Adele lovers, aged 13:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JroOfmJEumU

For Whitney Houston belting type songs, aged 13:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTcvvO6B3Io

Age 13 or just 14 on America's Got Talent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsTH02V9Pt4

Let me know what you think. Hopefully it puts a smile on some faces.

Last edited:

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:27
I remember her, what a voice. I also love...

Reactions: Jon

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:27
I won't post it because it would be easy enough to find, but if you want to see a REALLY impressive talent, look up Darcy Lynn Farmer. She is a very young ventriloquist who is SO good she will blow your mind. She has even done Italian Opera via ventriloquism, and if you think about what it takes to sing opera, then hear what SHE did, :love:😁🤩

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:27
I remember her and she really is talented! I could not believe what I was watching when I saw it.

deletedT

Local time
I won't post it because it would be easy enough to find, but if you want to see a REALLY impressive talent, look up Darcy Lynn Farmer. She is a very young ventriloquist who is SO good she will blow your mind. She has even done Italian Opera via ventriloquism, and if you think about what it takes to sing opera, then hear what SHE did, :love:😁🤩
I remember her from AGT

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I'm beginning to think that Jon has got access to my browser history! Yet again last night I was on a similar wavelength, or should I say channeling!

This looks like her most recent appearance on America's Got Talent in 2020
Angelina Jordan - Bohemian Rhapsody - America's Got Talent: The Champions One - January 6, 2020

I'm not 100% sure if I like it, I know it's very good, but I'm a bit of a Freddie Mercury fan, so I need to get over that first!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I saw Freddy Mercury live at Knebworth Park. Had VIP tickets and so I got to walk right next to the front of the stage. Didn't stay there long because the speakers were as tall as your typical house! There were 120K people there that day.

Uncle, I would check out some of the links I gave in the first post of this thread. It is a nicely curated selection. To be that good at that age, well...

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
To be that good at that age, well...

I haven't got a problem with the young lady, she is absolutely brilliant, gifted. My problem is, it's not Freddie singing Bohemian Rhapsody and I just can't get over that!

Mind you, I have "Animal" from the Muppets singing Bohemian Rhapsody as my mobile phone ring tone!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I get what you mean. I am just curious if you listened to her other stuff, like when she was 8!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I am just curious if you listened to her other stuff, like when she was 8!

Oh Yes, it's incredible! She doesn't sound like a little girl at all... It's something akin to a genius quality, she has. This is why I strongly object to our society's disregard for the Third World, and I'm not making a political statement, it's something different. The third world is littered with Genius of every sort, and it's being wasted it's immoral..

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
The Born to Die cover sounds so close to the actual song.

As an 8 year old, I was still probably trying to balance on my bike!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Hah, I don't know how difficult they are, but I had stabaliser wheels on my bike for some time!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you like Bohemian Rhapsody, look for the "official" version by Pentatonix, which is an a capella group with a beat boxer. Mitch, their high tenor, makes a good substitute for Freddy Mercury. When you consider it is just five voices (and one is taken up with beat boxing most of the time), it is an unbelievable rendition.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:27
I really admire Angelina's jazz work but she over-complicated Bohemian Rhapsody.

Advanced vocalists sometimes get too carried away with the extra effects and lose touch with the core melody. I remember watching a documentary about some really talented women who spent their whole careers as backing vocalists and wondered why they never got the lead parts when they were able to do so much with a song.

Unfortunately what they did to the song made it unattainable for their audience. There are many very ordinary vocalists who became megastars because connecting with the audience is far more important than technical prowess.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
In Australia we have Taj Farrant who plays lead guitar like he has been doing it for decades and is already acknowledged as one of the greatest lead guitarists in the world. He just turned eleven. Earlier this year he shared the stage with Carlos Santana.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Then there are these nine year olds performing George Michael's Careless Whispers. I have seen a better recording but I can't find it now.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Blue-grass is not for everyone and I can't say it is my favorite, but the Sleepy Man Banjo Boys was formed by three brothers who played guitar, violin (but in the style called "fiddle" in southern USA), and banjo.

This is a session of TEDTalks from 2013, when the banjo player was TEN! They also appeared on the Letterman show when the banjo player was nine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom