Any Americans want to sign this? (1 Viewer)

redneckgeek

Local time
Today, 12:56
We don't argue, we debate ;)

Site is blocked by the firewall at work. I guess I'll have to check it out from home tonight.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:56
We don't argue, we debate ;)

Site is blocked by the firewall at work. I guess I'll have to check it out from home tonight.

Wow, that is a serious fire wall. It is just a video of a couple of doctors talking about why McCain should release his medical records, along with a petition you can sign.

redneckgeek

Local time
Wow, that is a serious fire wall. It is just a video of a couple of doctors talking about why McCain should release his medical records, along with a petition you can sign.

That's it... most streaming media is blocked.

I agree with the premise that all the candidates should release their medical records, though.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
That's it... most streaming media is blocked.

I agree with the premise that all the candidates should release their medical records, though.

Without George D., this place is entirely too agreeable :)

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Today, 09:56
That petition has been circulating for quite a long time, I saw it back in January.

It's a great feeling knowing that you can count on media to report on very unimportant and superficial stuff and leave out those pesky things called "substance" and "facts". Terribly inconvenient things, those. I would sure not want them to burst my bubble that McCain or Obama is the Answer to Life, Universe and Everywhere. (42?!? What a schtick of a computer it must be to come up with that stupid answer!).

Erm, I'm sorry, I seem to have lost my sense of humor. Can someone help me find it?

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
That petition has been circulating for quite a long time, I saw it back in January.

It's a great feeling knowing that you can count on media to report on very unimportant and superficial stuff and leave out those pesky things called "substance" and "facts". Terribly inconvenient things, those. I would sure not want them to burst my bubble that McCain or Obama is the Answer to Life, Universe and Everywhere. (42?!? What a schtick of a computer it must be to come up with that stupid answer!).

Erm, I'm sorry, I seem to have lost my sense of humor. Can someone help me find it?

Maybe your sense of humor knows that it is Monday - I often have a hard time finding mine on the first workday of a so-far depressing week.

Last week someone told me I should move to another country since I complain about America so much. If anyone knows of a country where facts actually matter, let me know and I will sincerely consider it.

This is the source of my discontent: http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

redneckgeek

Local time
That's a pretty informative site!:cool: Too bad the name is kinda wonky. I'll never remember that a week from now when I want to look again:confused:

I have no way of backing this up, but...
I figure about 20% of the population takes the time to inform themselves on the issues in an election - and vote the candidate that makes the most sense to them. The rest are only concerned with one issue (abortion, etc) and vote the candidate that supports their view -even if they disagree with everthing else. OR they vote for a party because their parents did - or because Limbaugh or their Union told them to.

Joe8915

Registered User.
Local time
Alisa, I told you that I would move over and give you half.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:56
Can we sign the petition to stop this idiot getting elected?;)

Joe8915

Registered User.
Local time

Sorry Rich, he is the man to be put in charge, for the next four years. Hate to see Bush go, he did a good job when he was in.

I know Rich, you agree with me :D

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Alisa, I told you that I would move over and give you half.

I know, and I greatly appreciate your offer Joe, but only if I get Colorado. :) I guess I have just become even more dispondent over the state of American politics over the weekend, so much so that I think that far fewer than half of us care anything about the facts.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time

Yes, but it is a long and expensive process. First you have to get a visa, then a green card, then become a naturalized citizen, etc.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Hate to see Bush go, he did a good job when he was in.

Well yes, at least you know what you're gonna get with the next 4yrs under McCain

redneckgeek

Local time

He's the most moderate of the republicans. I don't think you'd like anyone they'd replace him with on the ticket any better.;) (Although, I probably would).

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
That's a pretty informative site!:cool: Too bad the name is kinda wonky. I'll never remember that a week from now when I want to look again:confused:

I have no way of backing this up, but...
I figure about 20% of the population takes the time to inform themselves on the issues in an election - and vote the candidate that makes the most sense to them. The rest are only concerned with one issue (abortion, etc) and vote the candidate that supports their view -even if they disagree with everthing else. OR they vote for a party because their parents did - or because Limbaugh or their Union told them to.

What, you don't remember off the top of your head how many votes there are in the electoral college :D

As far as only looking at a single issue, you should check out this site:
http://www.whoshouldyouvotefor.com/

I think this type of analysis will never become popular, because people care more about who they can "relate to" or "drink a beer with" or "identify with" rather than who represents their views on any given issue. But is is interesting anyway.

Just for fun: my scores were 114 BO, -84 JM. Anyone else want to try and report back?

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, but it is a long and expensive process. First you have to get a visa, then a green card, then become a naturalized citizen, etc.

Can't I just claim refugee status?;)

redneckgeek

Local time
I guess I have just become even more dispondent over the state of American politics over the weekend, so much so that I think that far fewer than half of us care anything about the facts.

LOL I swear Glenn Beck said the EXACT same thing this morning. I'm willing to bet that the two of you were referring to different halves.:D

redneckgeek

Local time
Can't I just claim refugee status?;)

Sneak across the border from Mexico and move to Chicago. The democratic party there will make sure you can not only vote, but they'll count your vote several times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom